**** DONE: GB-53 1/32 Fw190F-8 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK so update.

First I had to install the two cowl covers on the lower port and starboard fuselage.

Somewhere along the way I lost the Port elevator. Lucky for me I have the Fw190A-8 as well, I stole the parts and ordered replacements from Revell Germany

Also broke off the tail wheel assembly, same order.

Next comes the mounting of the engine. All the silver "Bolt" looking aligned to the pins on the mount. I used some old Testers bottle/Tube cement in each hole and mounted.

The two cowl covers looked like they would be a Well you fill in the blank, but they we straight forward pretty ease mate.

Enfine in the permanent mount.

Over all I am pretty pleased with this kit. The elevators, Rudder and ailerons could have (should have been sanded down at the sharp (back) end as I think they are a bit thick. The Mg151 mount problem is my bad as I did not follow the instruction and put the wing on first.

Got a little more done today. First the inner ring cowling is attached to the two cowling sections installed earlier. I had to glue on one side let it dry and the it took a bit of force to get the other side on and glued down. Then the upper gun cowling was installed.

Ok now for an update. I'm starting to cuss, well I mean more than normal.
Sorry they are not in order. I'm using two part epoxies more than I've ever done before. To get the gun bay cover on I gad to use epoxies and clamp and squeeze in six different directions all at the same time.

The side cowling don't fit. Oh great. I was thinking of opening them anyway.

Had to fill wing fuselage gaps. Not really bad. Tamiya grey putty was a bit thick so I worked in some finger nail polish and used a brass rod to work it in the tub. Had to do more than I figured I'd need but it worked. I then applied and finger nail polish to clean it up.

The upper cowling/gun trouf was slipped up under the gun bay cover so had to work it out an in place.

It looks like the engine is a little cooked off. Not sure how I'm going to fix this.

In the kits defense. I think the a lot of this is self induced. If the fuselage/engine and cowling is done before wing mating I don't think I'd be having any trouble, or much less.

Users who are viewing this thread