**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Corsair F4A-1A/Mk.II – WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for looking in and the kind comments folks. Moving on I started on the upper camo today and applied the extra dark sea grey using SMS PL121. I then did a rough outline of the camo pattern and started applying a series of lighter greys. Starting with SMS PL95 Kure Grey. then Vallejo 71.277 Dark Gull Grey. I now feel I should now mark out the true camo and apply the Dark Slate Grey FS34093 which I then have to find some way in diluting the colour so that I have a very weak outlie between the two differing camo colours. I thought of diluting the Dark Slate Grey with white but I don't know if this will tone the colour down or just end up giving me a very yucky green/white combo. In truth, I'm kind of flying blind on this one, so if anybody has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Anyway, here is the update as it stands at the moment.

Looks great Vic!
No expert, but I always thought the camo'd FAA birds had the same Dark Green/ Dark (or Extra Dark-) Sea Grey scheme on top as RAF fighters.

Looks great Vic!
No expert, but I always thought the camo'd FAA birds had the same Dark Green/ Dark (or Extra Dark-) Sea Grey scheme on top as RAF fighters.
They are calling it a dark slate grey on the decal sheet Evan but in effect it is a dark green. Last night I selected a series of green shades and hopefully I'll be able to come up with a worn look with light over sprays.

Users who are viewing this thread