**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat (Late) - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wings on and gear test fitted to try and get everything in line. The wings are a slot fit into the fuselage and while it looks good in theory its a loose fit in real-life. There's a mm or so of gluing area around the wings so I got some good old fashioned tube glue and ran it around the inside of the fuselage slots and inserted the wings. I let this set up for about an hour and then inserted the gear, a very good fit, and started bending the wings to get everything lined up. Once I was happy I ran TET around the wing/fuselage joint and here we are

IMG_2830.JPG

The next step is under the model. Eduard wants you to attach five pieces to the gear before attaching it to wing. Debating whether to do it this way or glue in the gear and attach everything when dry

Have a safe week George and thanks, I actually found me a bottle tucked away, something I inherited way back. :D

Thanks all. Busy with the landing gear. 11 parts if you include the wheels and cover. The two part torque links were a pain but Parts G20 & 26 were a near nightmare due to size and location. 26 needs to fit into two slots after Part G22 is installed

IMG_2832.JPG

I think Parts G18 & 20 need to be swapped. There is a small bevel at the end that needs to sit flush with a wheel well wall and if you mount the part as instructed, the bevel is away from the wall, at least that's the way I sees it

IMG_2835.JPG

Eduard was thoughtful enough to have a diagram to show how everything lines up, especially G18 & 20

IMG_2836.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back