**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat (Late) - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Weathering done top-side. The tail surfaces look rough as all of my current flat coats failed me big time. I removed all three and I couldn't repaint without losing decals. In PG today with the family and while they shopped I went on a desperate search. I found two that I haven't tried before and I tried them on the wing walk-ways by the fuselage. They look grey but that's the flash. Un-coated in front. Two coats and the one on the right seems to work the best so far

Another test area as this would be the easiest to repaint if things went sideways; not the best photo

The clear coats

Thanks down-underlings and thumbs. I decided to bite the bullet and coat the uppers to see the flat effect in big scale. I used what I thought tested the best and used The Army Painter Anti-shine Matte Varnish. I was not disappointed. Unless I can find what Wayne uses with cheaper shipping, this will be my go to flat. I'll do a larger test with Vallejo on the bottom

This shot shows the result better; a few spots missed as well as a bubble

I'll let this dry and start weathering the bottom

Users who are viewing this thread