**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 USN SB2U-3 - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMHO the first ring at the bomb nose is not needed. The two next are correct.

bombs2a.jpg

the source: the net.

Actually there are rules even for bombs. The kind of the bomb can be recoqnized by the bomb colour, colour bands etc ... it is not only for the USA bombs but also for the German and RAF ones and others. Usually the markings are very similar for all countries.

Almost finished. However I didn't realize there is a spelling variation for 'disaster' that starts with SB2U? Applying the final semi-gloss coat I managed to break off the starboard landing gear (again!), crack the main canopy glass, break off and lose the gunner area radar loop, and blast up unseen bits of dust onto the drying finish. Still not sure how the two rear canopy glass assemblies go, but they are attached and will go with that.

Still need to add antenna wire and straighten out the dry fitted canopy pieces, but is should be ready shortly to claim it's finished. Being a first really serious attempt at weathering, it definitely shows. But need to jump in sometime and play with the 'big boys'. These cel phone shots don't show the weathering attempt very well, but with a 'real' camera and a tripod to hold it and more controlled lighting, it should look better when the final submitted. Oh yeah, and put the prop on!

SB2U-3 Almost Done Port.JPG

SB2U-3 Almost Done SB.JPG

Damn me Ralph if you hadn't mentioned all those down side issues, nobody would have known From where I sit, its a great build, so well done. :thumbright: :D
Thank you. Down issues aside, it did finally turn out fairly decent. Just had to forewarn I guess, those that may pick up a similar kit and expect a Eduard / Tamiya / Airfix level of build. As my wifes, now passed uncle (WW2 vet) used to say, getting old has some advantages, people somehow expect a crotchety attitude and I will not dissapoint! Build on!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back