**** DONE: GB-60 1/32 Bf110 C-7 - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don is right saying that the C-2 or C-4 were upgraded to the C-7 variant not only by adding the bomb rack but also these had replaced the engines with the DB 601N, wheels, landing legs and a couple more pieces. Secondly, its werk nummer is 3100 IIRC. So it means she was completed by the Messerschmitt AG factory as the C-2 at the turn of the year 1939/1940. I agree that the camo scheme with colours RLM 70/71/02/65 and mottling 02/70/71 should be very likely. But it is 1942 and quite a doubtful she still wearing the early camo anyway. Just my two cents.

Well, well, well. Just got a box 📦 in the mail from Revell GmbH! Once again they have pulled it off! Too cool .

IMG_3976.jpeg

Well, well, well. Just got a box 📦 in the mail from Revell GmbH! Once again they have pulled it off! Too cool .

View attachment 751148
That sure looks like a winner. Good luck. Sally, a 32 of o one of this is too big for my place. I only do 72 myself. For that reason. Bon chons good sir. I look forward to the finished product.

The kit, Revell released the Dragon molds in a HUGHE box which when opened is half full. the box must be an issue of the box we have in stock that will work. the trees are just a little to large to go in the box their Fw190 goes in as so they used a box up I guess. That being said there is a lot in the box. Sixteen trees including two clear trees and three trees that are duplicates make up (423 parts) what is in the box. a set of decals that are printed in Italy and a novel sized instruction book.

I purchased the Eduard Big Ed set for the kit as well as the Quinta Studios. I did this double set as I like the Quinta for the cockpit and I don't know what I may want to add some Eduard as well much less the rest of the build. I'll play it by ear. I also purchased a set of brass gun barrels as I just think they look better and hold up when they get brushed. The HGW decals are for the C-7 but a different aircraft depicted in the kit.

I have done a couple of the Cyber Hobby (Dragon) 1/48 Bf110D kit's including one I used the E and D to back date to a C a while back. I really liked that kit and this appears to be a larger version of that kit. I don't know which came first, the chicken of the egg but!!!!!

This is a fairly large kit and will look very nice on display if I don't screw it up.

X2
View attachment 663576View attachment 663577View attachment 663578View attachment 663579View attachment 663580
X2
View attachment 663581View attachment 663582View attachment 663583View attachment 663584View attachment 663585View attachment 663586

The kit, Revell released the Dragon molds in a HUGHE box which when opened is half full. the box must be an issue of the box we have in stock that will work. the trees are just a little to large to go in the box their Fw190 goes in as so they used a box up I guess. That being said there is a lot in the box. Sixteen trees including two clear trees and three trees that are duplicates make up (423 parts) what is in the box. a set of decals that are printed in Italy and a novel sized instruction book.

I purchased the Eduard Big Ed set for the kit as well as the Quinta Studios. I did this double set as I like the Quinta for the cockpit and I don't know what I may want to add some Eduard as well much less the rest of the build. I'll play it by ear. I also purchased a set of brass gun barrels as I just think they look better and hold up when they get brushed. The HGW decals are for the C-7 but a different aircraft depicted in the kit.

I have done a couple of the Cyber Hobby (Dragon) 1/48 Bf110D kit's including one I used the E and D to back date to a C a while back. I really liked that kit and this appears to be a larger version of that kit. I don't know which came first, the chicken of the egg but!!!!!

This is a fairly large kit and will look very nice on display if I don't screw it up.

X2
View attachment 663576View attachment 663577View attachment 663578View attachment 663579View attachment 663580
X2
View attachment 663581View attachment 663582View attachment 663583View attachment 663584View attachment 663585View attachment 663586View attachment 663587View attachment 663588View attachment 663589View attachment 663590View attachment 663591View attachment 663592View attachment 663593
Oh, so it's just a few smaller parts. Easy-peasy. I'll knock this out overnight.

..... infested in my molting on the sides and tail, too much not enough. let me know please....

You have an infestation that's causing molting on your sides and tail? That sound painful.

Seriously, I think it looks pretty good. There's a mix of mottles and waves, which is unusual to me, and a couple of spots where you got some blobs but otherwise looks good.

You have an infestation that's causing molting on your sides and tail? That sound painful.

Seriously, I think it looks pretty good. There's a mix of mottles and waves, which is unusual to me, and a couple of spots where you got some blobs but otherwise looks good.
I've noticed that and am going to fix it and thank you!

Not having a reference 'target' image, all looks good to me. I will leave the 'correctness' to those that know these patterns better then me. But, always a but, the vertical does have some fairly defined 'squiggly' shapes. Normal, I have no idea. The fuselage blotching is looking good, to me!

Not having a reference 'target' image, all looks good to me. I will leave the 'correctness' to those that know these patterns better then me. But, always a but, the vertical does have some fairly defined 'squiggly' shapes. Normal, I have no idea. The fuselage blotching is looking good, to me!
In my rule of thumb mind, factory camo tended to be mottled whereas camo applied at the unit level could have been any manner of things including squiggles, additional mottles, and solid colours.

The squiggly lines in the tail was purposely done as that is what my reference seem to imply, the ones that showed up on the fuselage were me testing my ability to do it, I have some blotches the I'll have to go back and work 76 in to fix. But I appreciate all inputs. Y'all are far more knowledgeable than I.

IMG_4174.jpeg
IMG_4175.jpeg
IMG_4176.jpeg
IMG_4177.jpeg
IMG_4178.jpeg
Bout due for an update I guess. Slow going all my fault.

Working on engine cowls and I literally can't get them to fit with an engine installed. So I ripped the left engine out and will display with the right engine open.

Cleaned up the mollting and shot a clear coat. I'm working on a mout for the right engine pipes.

Thanks but I think it will be ok this way. Neither set of Cowls would fit at all. Might have been one of the reasons I put it away before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back