**** DONE: GB-61 1/48 SB2C-4 Helldiver - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You should do this one justice on the interior, lots of detail to play with. Wayne, check out your clear part at the arrow. Mine was too narrow and stopped me from completing mine in the first Zombie GB

1707778755764.png

1707778825093.jpeg

Thanks Guys and thanks Geo for that heads up I will see what mine looks like...

Anyway, either I'm a dummy or there is something vague and/or wrong about the rear Observers Pit and all the bits that go together in there, I assembled most of the Observers Pit and no matter how I tried the whole friggin' thing just would not fit the space within the fuselage halves. After a frustrating period of time went by and no Fit result, I pulled the whole thing apart and dissected the assembly and will fit it my way....starting with the side panelling and rear decking refitted in place.
First 4 Pics are parts before full assembly together as per the instructions.
Pics 5 and 6 are side panels now attached to the side of the cockpit edge as well as the rear decking glued in place separately too.
12_Observer prep_4706.jpg
13_Observer Pit_4712.jpg
16_Rear Decking_4684.jpg
17_Rear Decking_4710.jpg
18_Observers Pit_4735.jpg
19_Observer Pit_4737.jpg

That happened to me as well Wayne but I put it down to me doing something wrong. It was the reason I put the kit away for the first time. I'll go back in my first Zombie GB and see what I did

Good one Wayne.
I have the old and very basic Monogram kit on my display shelves that I built 20 some years ago and have been wanting to upgrade the space with the Pro Modeler kit, but every time I see it, its a bit too pricey.

Thanks Guys.

Ok have slapped some paint on the innards to get things rolling along, reattached the rear floor decking and the panels that simulate the ammo boxes.
Also removed all the appropriate raised detail front and back side panels and main panels in the back for the Eduard etch replacements to go in after some more paint....And added the seat in the front too...

20_port Paint_4738.jpg
21_Stbd Paint_4742.jpg
22_Rear Floor & Ammo Boxes_4745.jpg
23_Rear IP Paint_4746.jpg
24_Seat & Paint_4747.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back