little more progress this weekend with the gear, ordnance and the stencils
originally planned to have the breaks partial open, but I struggled with them more than I really should have then decided to just go closed
another note I'll remember for next time to lay down some tape to square off the pre-shading on the forward fuselage would be a little more accurate and visually pop I would think
used MRP paints for the primary colors, sprays incredibly well and doesn't overpower the shading even if you put a fair bit of paint down
clear coat, light weathering (from what I understand the birds were pretty new just prior to midway), final bits and antenna wire up next
gonna call this one done
fun kit to build, couple of things I hoped would have turned out a touch better mainly masking & painting the insignia, but overall pretty happy with it
thank you Crimea_River for the reference material, very helpful!