**** DONE: P-51B Mustang "Shangri-La" Cpt D.Gentile 336th FS - A/c of the Aces GB

Hell, she's still the prettiest P-51B Mustang that ever took to the sky. I'm sure you can fix her up.
 
Thanks for the encouragement

I will press on for now and see how i feel when shes nearer done, as i screwed the canopy a bit anyway....

Its all fun and very much a learning exercise . Lots of things I will do different next time

That's the right attitude! The rest of it looks great.
 
Well i have spent some time with a bit more weathering, and sorted the prop and undercarriage out.

I will do a bit more tidying then (if we ever get a brightish day ) take my finished pics set and get them up.

Overall I am pleased with most my work , especially my first play with an airbrush and the weathering but the errors with the canopy and ofcourse the stars and bars mean its hardly a prize winner. Nevertheless she looks not too bad to the untrained eye ( ie people who havent found this place lol ) and I had a lot of fun and learned some stuff I will try and execute better next time. So thanks for your encouragement and I am sure I will need more help with the next one too :)
 
Last edited:
I would be pleased with that effort 8)
I can remember my first go with an airbrush, it wasn't pretty!
you have done well

Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back