P-51D Mustang Recce-Capt.East - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I finally looks like I got the wheel wells to fit :eek: It took only about 45mins for the other side seeing the first side taught me were to sand at so all in all 2hrs15mins of sanding roughly maybe a touch more.I then go for the 3rd or 4th time repainted the wheel well area and doors.Thier seems to be a bit controversy in this area.I read somewhere(probably SIG51)that one wheel well was silver and the other green chromate when the restoration was started.But as I looked through some of the resources over at SIG51 I saw some REECE 51's with all yellow chromate doors and assumed bays after that and the pic had 2-3 51's in it so that did it for me.I have seen the inner gear doors painted but with that silver striped panel so that will occur.I then jumped to the gunbay fitting another 1 1/2 hours of sanding and cutting out with my scribing tool this area to is going to work the guns are delicate w/PE ammo covers cool makes them poseable :).I now need to detail paint the wheel wells and work the gunbays when getting close to closing the wing I will post some pics.Cheers Guys wish I had more time to play on the forum of late boss's vacation next week so another long work week. ;)

Like what you have shown is up to now Kevin, now I'm wondering how it is going.

Vic I appreciate the interest but really nothing has happened here.I have had to do some repairs on the shop that are still not 100% done as I type more like 60%.You see back in June we got 10" of rain in about a 12hr period then we got 14-16" from Lee.Will the first rain got in the soffet and back wall and Lee finished it the kicker was the fomosan termites found it as well .I lost about 40% of my back wall to the terds. The only thing not treated in the shop is the OSB inbetween the studs and hardy plank and they work fast(4months).This occurred from a lapse in judgement on my part on the sheeting from the roof to facial board live and learn:dontknow:But just seeing the damage was dishearting to even think about modeling first things first.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Kevin. Sorry to hear about your dilemma, we can't live without water but when you get it in a deluge like that............it must be so sole destroying as you try to repair the damage. As for the little termite chappies, talk about a double whammy, I really feel for you. Just hope you can get everything fixed up and look forward to the time your back on track and can return to mor enjoyable things.

Thks guys at least I am starting to poke my head in from time to time.Looks like we got some interesting crates in the new build though :thumbleft:

Well this one just got shelved for awhile!like 6 months to a year I think.I spent two hours last niight paintng the wheel wells and ready to clear it out today to dirty it up.I figure it's been almost 24hrs for the paint to dry should be good to go and the silver ran I said F$%#!!Cleared the table and the 1/24 Spit is back at it.I have painted those wheel wells on the Stang like 4X times at least trying to get it right a bunch of cuss'in boys a bunch.I want to enjoy it not hagle right now life is to short.

sign0013.gif

Sorry to hear that Kevin but if things aren't going right and the moods upset, best to lay up for a while.

Well I have been working these two over lately and there will be a third for a simple display of three Reece crates together.The two pictured will be NM finish with the other being "Boomerang" checkered tail also blue with red checkers on the nose with yellow trim tab on the rudder.the paint has been Alclad gloss black base with AL and MM aluminum on the moveable surfaces and gunbays.The third crate will be Accurate Miniatures F6-A Tac-Reece
in North Africa Algeria 1943.Looks I will have to blow out the "boomerang " pit before sealing :rolleyes: It actually looks real nice in person think it was an True Details pit maybe with all the add-ons for for moveable surfaces did not use the ailerons.

Attachments

• lil margaret 001 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 001 (900 x 675).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 88
  • lil margaret 003 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 003 (900 x 675).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 86
  • lil margaret 004 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 004 (900 x 675).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 84
  • lil margaret 006 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 006 (900 x 675).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 83
Nice to see you back at it Kevin. Looking good!

Thanks Andy been hard at both planes today with alittle attention put towards the CR42.I think I will be able to get four Reece birds when all said and done ;)

Attachments

• lil margaret 010 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 010 (900 x 675).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 85
  • lil margaret 011 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 011 (900 x 675).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back