**** DONE: 1/72 P-51B Mustang of Tex Hill - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Moving onward and upward

After the joints were taken care of and the primer was dried I brought out the Alclad aluminum. Everything I've seen on this aircraft showed that it was worn out so....

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Next after a few days drying time I applied some liquid masking agent and randomly applied it to the mustang. If you look closely to the red arrows you can just make out the agent. This is a first time technique for me

This shows the wing joints and covers
IMG_0084.jpg

Walkway and such
IMG_0085.jpg

Next goes the Olive Drab
IMG_0091.jpg

Next will be the revile

Here we sit with the top cote of Model Masters Olive Drab applied.

IMG_0092.jpg

Now with a little rubbing with my thumb over all the locations where I put the masking we have the following result.

IMG_0096.jpg

Next added the attachment points for the external wing tanks

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Drop tanks installed

IMG_0101.jpg

Tanks as viewed from the top

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Next will be the bazooka pack

Thanks for looking

Thanks guys. With the short time left in the GB I'm rushing this and the kind words help. As for the well worn affect every photo I've seen of this particular Mustang is just that. Well worn. If you look at the photos at the beginning of the thread you'll see the wear and now in this color shot you can see it as well. I could have easily gone with what I'm comfortable with and not weathered it but I felt this one needed to be worn to do it justice. Not to mention I need to expand my skills at some point.:p

P-51BMustangTexHillColor.jpg

P-51BMustangTexHillCloseupofnose.jpg

The CBI was very tough on aircraft Dirk, which is why my Tex plane was so beaten up!

You will make it, you still have time to finish the build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back