Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V, P.Clostermann - Aircraft Of The Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers mates!
Thanks for your input Steph. Karl, think I'm inclined to fallow Eduard instructions for NV724 as shown above. Though Academy instructions differ quite a bit from the Eduard's. Color of the spinner is not the only difference. For example Academy shows upper wing roundels without yellow outline and Loraine cross on both sides of the fuselage. Anyway, I've already started some work on this model and will have first progress pictures soon.

looked through my ref's Igor and only have a pic of NV994, normal cammo, black spinner and no 3 Sqdn badge on the tail.
though Eduard's instructions agree with your profile of NV724
View attachment 181801

Hello,
A little precision regarding NV994, normal camo and black spinner... No no 3 Sqn badge on the tail... The badge was added in the night from 8 to 9 May 1945...
Clostermann P.-Tempest MkV NV994 avril 1945.JPG

HTH, regards
Steph

Great info guys!

Yep Igor, I have this same kit and read a review of it on the net. The author mentioned that many of the markings supplied by Academy (including the 'Le grand Charles') were only applied at cease of hostilities, when the aircraft was toured around as part of victory celebrations. Previous to this squadron badges, etc were forbidden.

Been working on this model these days, but unfortunately wasn't taking pictures of each step. Never the less, here are couple of shots which show current state of the build...

Attachments

• img_05.JPG
    img_05.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 131
  • img_06.JPG
    img_06.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 110
My God has it been two years already!? :shock:
Once I haven't finished this project within the group build time frame it's been on hiatus for a long time. I was working on it on and off, but progress was very slow. Now, after many moons decided to finally get it done. Currently I'm in the middle of penciling the panel lines - main wings and horizontal tail surfaces finished (and gotten a coat of varnish) with fuselage half way done. Not in a hurry with this one, but hope to finish it reasonably soon. Anyway, here's one picture to show how she looks at he moment...

Attachments

• resize of SDC13130.JPG
    resize of SDC13130.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back