P-51D Mustang Recce-Capt.East - Aircraft of the Aces GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks fellas I guess I should of took pics of the rear oil tank area it was really quite delicate with even nice straps that hold the tank as will as all lines.The oil sump underneath was much the same with lines moulded in with rubber/hose clamps present.I will see if I can more of those things after I weather the area some and highlight.

Thanks Guys:thumbright: Well I have been working the pit over some and some of my pics of late have not been so great I guess its time to experiment again :dontknow: I got the side camera in place and I think it looks good to scale I would give myself a 90% here if graded.The mistake I see is that I could of moved her back another 4 scale inches possibily.

I had to cut off the pour stub from the back of the oil tank so off the engine came

AceGroupBuild013.jpg

The floorboard

AceGroupBuild015.jpg

the sidewalls poor pic :rolleyes:

AceGroupBuild014.jpg

and the side camera mod ;) just blending her in alittle more

AceGroupBuild016.jpg

Kevin

Some nice shots in this book if you can get hold of it

Mike

Attachments

• P1280040.JPG
    P1280040.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 193
Well Guys I have been absent for almost a month just to busy with work and life.I put in my first hour two nights ago on the wheel wells just sanding on the right side only,this is going to be tuff!!!!! I am still not their as of yet with still a 1/32" gap at the front of the wing by the root and 1/64" by the guns.Just letting you guys know I have not forgotten ;) Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back