**** DONE: P-51D "Millie G" Lt. Col. E. B. Giller 343rd FS - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Glenn, and great pics Gary.
Glenn, on 1/48th scale Mustang panels, I've normally used the tip of a wooden cocktail stick to do the yellow tape around the basic six.

Or get a piece of yellow decal and draw a straight line with a permanent black marker on it, leaving a very thin yellow edge. The cut the decal in the black zone and apply. The black should blend into the background of the IP. Have also seen those lines done in white.

Nice work so far Glenn.

Thanks for the advice guys. I did it earlier this afternoon with a needle dipped in yellow paint. Not perfect, but it's Ok. Didn't have time to take a pic today before work (been working the 3:00pm to Midnight shift for the last couple of weeks) so pictures tomorrow.

Here's the finished control panal.

P9305612.JPG

Last edited:
Today's progress as promised.

The cockpit is finished and I'm ready to join the fuselage sides (the seat will be added after the painting). The cockpit was pretty well detailed out of the box, so all I added was the throttle handle. I just spent some time painting the detail that was there and painted on a few placards on the sidewalls.

PA025614.JPG
PA025616.JPG
PA025620.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back