Dornier Do-217 J - Italeri 1:72 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hal bregg

Senior Airman
Oct 13, 2013
Poland
Hello!

A medium bomber converted into nightfighter.
Heaviest in it's class in Luftwaffe (15 tons).

Italeri model needs some cosmetic treatment, including fuselage extension:

oYgNHWA.jpg

Unit: II/NJG 101 (Nachtjagdgeschwader 101)

cAM1JVW.jpg

GahFNgH.jpg

A3og3d6.jpg

p7dI0F1.jpg

0oUcMsC.jpg

7oLAFta.jpg

mQ1Ls7C.jpg

3g3DZYh.jpg

t78lC57.jpg

6tkFdqA.jpg

zv3ih7y.jpg

5efkiMf.jpg

kMnuovZ.jpg

P9U18xI.jpg

iKlslQU.jpg

Last edited:
Great job!

Can you explain: "Italeri model needs some cosmetic treatment, including fuselage extension" Why was it needed and what specifically did you do to correct?

Last edited:
Great job!

Can you explain: "Italeri model needs some cosmetic treatment, including fuselage extension" Why was it needed and what specifically did you do to correct?

I think he meant the fuselage halves had to be spread apart in order to get the correct "thickness" of the fuselage. See the pic below...

1234.jpg

I think he meant the fuselage halves had to be spread apart in order to get the correct "thickness" of the fuselage. See the pic below...

View attachment 355928

Well yeah, but I was just wondering if it was to get a better fit of the tail or was it a drawing comparison. Also, was there any other glaring corrections that needed to be done. Inquiring minds wanna know, especially if they have like nine kits based off of this mold series.

I see. The correction was for getting of better fitting of the tail IMHO. If it would be the drawing comparison , the "surgery" on the main parts would be needed for sure. :lol:

Great job!

Comparing to plans, fuselage in Italeri model is too narrow in center section.
This drawing, taken from Dornier Do 217 monography by "Air Show"-Kagero publications, shows how to improve the problem :
(photo only for discussion purposes)
Do%20217%20imr._zpsi9p0t5vf.jpg

To explain language difficulties:
Left fuselage drawing- before improvement. right- after.
Note that only upper part of fuselege is widen- that generate problems with wing geometry, and canopy fit.
To be solved by liquid putty and file/sandpaper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back