DVD player for the PC....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you've been inside th ecomputer recently, check the connections to the CD drive and the motherboard, make sure they're tight. If they're good.....then replace the drive.

Sounds like it's packed up then. When you insert a disc, a disc icon should appear on screen next to the mouse cursor. If that's not showing, the deck isn't reading the disc at all. If it doesn't show as being present in 'My Computer', then either it's not connected, or it's duff! You could try to install it again, by going to 'Control Panel' and going through the 'Add Hardware' programme. But it might have just given up - they seem to be worse if not used for some reason! I had one which I didn't use at all from getting the computer, until about two years later. It worked intermittently at first, then settled down, then decided to b*gger off completely! Got a new one fitted and away I went!

Yep, sounds like either a dead drive or bad connections. Check the connections first (open up the box and check the wires in the CD drive are connected at both ends).

Or a broken IDE-port.. In that case your motherboard is broken. You could still use it by attaching the DVD-rom to the HD port (you can put 2 devices on a IDE-port) but it'll slow down your harddrive. Other thing could be that there's something wrong with your BIOS.

Global warming caused by melting penguins has triggered the removal of Pluto's "planet" status, thereby initiating a violent series of sunspots and an angry red rash on some random guy in New Jersey. Yep. That'll kill your DVD player in a heartbeat.

Jan, does it play ANY DVD or just not this one? It could be the driver. Had a similar problem and it was the driver not updated.

Sorry about the spelling guys. I'm itching like crazy and getting some freakin' rash or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back