eBay: Japanese airplanes and other hardware.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tokyo Air Raid on March 10, 1945 was also as disasterous as Hiroshima
Sorry have to disagree on that one.

In terms of total casualties at the time you are correct. But the number of casualties over the next 20 years due to radiation exposure was far greater (unfortunately).

Interesting thing about those radiation deaths.

The Australian newspaper did a project to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Hiroshima bomb and went looking for the children and spouses of all the Aus PoWs that were at Hiroshima and Nagasaki as they were sure that none of the PoWs who survived the bombs would still be alive.

Surprise surprise - the death toll of those PoWs in the first few years after the war was very high as expected but the rest were outlasting the other service members who were not radiated.

One guy in particular had his whole back as one massive scar yet was fit and healthy for his age.

I do not know how to get archive copies of The Australian. Being a Murdoch publication they will no doubt be expensive

Sorry have to disagree on that one.

In terms of total casualties at the time you are correct. But the number of casualties over the next 20 years due to radiation exposure was far greater (unfortunately).
Sorry to say but you are talking about the genuine human experiment while I talked about the war crime. OK?

Could you explain that one for me please?
Photos will be quicker to explain. This was clearly against the Geneva Convention.

Tokyo Air Raid on March 10, 1945. Some other dates may be mixed.
1-6.jpg
1-8.jpg
1-10.jpg
1-12.jpg
1-13.jpg
1-18.jpg
1-21.jpg
2-1.jpg
2-2.jpg
2-4.jpg

Source: Tokyo Air Raids Photo Album (1953)

More horrible photos can be found in the internet.
Attacking from the sky may have not given the sense of guilt to attackers so much because what happened on the ground was invisible. This is also what the Pearl Harbor attackers confirmed in their testimonies like "May I destroy this beautiful port?".
By emphasising the "victory of science", these ordinary war facts had been easily ignored in the history IMHO.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back