eBay: Soviet Airforce and other arms (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMHO thats the standard I-15bis with the panel in front of the cockpit dismounted. There can be still noticed the pipe outlet running from the fuselage MG. The DIT variant didn't have the MGs installed there. Also no the windscreen for the front cockpit.

i15bis.jpg

IMHO thats the standard I-15bis with the panel in front of the cockpit dismounted. There can be still noticed the pipe outlet running from the fuselage MG. The DIT variant didn't have the MGs installed there. Also no the windscreen for the front cockpit.

View attachment 764624
I agree - I wrote "it looks like", but indeed it is a standard I-15bis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Toepolev ANT-20 Maxim Gorki in DNO, Russland

View attachment 766855

View attachment 766856

Actually I'm not sure if the name "Maxim Gorki" should be used here. The plane is the ANT-20bis assembled after the ANT-20 ( TB-4 ) "Maxim Gorki" crash in 1935. The difference is the number of the engines. The Maxim Gorki was powered by the 8 engines while the ANT-20bis six ones only. The ANT-20bis stayed in service untill 1942.
But a nice shot though.

:thumbright:

Toepolev ANT-20 Maxim Gorki in DNO, Russland

View attachment 766855

View attachment 766856

The only PS-124 (ANT-20bis, on photo) was used after the war outbreak in Tashkent region, where it crashed in 1942. He could not be on the Grivochki airfield (Dno in German documents) in principle. "Maxim Gor'ki" (ANT-20) crashed in September, 1935.

I don't remember if they didn't use the type marking also for the ANT-20 initially. To be honest, the Maxim Gorki was the enlarged variant of the ANT-16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back