eBay: Soviet Airforce and other arms

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Polikaprov I-15 mit Tarn am Flugplatz in Russland 1941 Nr 4 Nr 7 Nr 12

1709501704423.png

1709501746203.png

1. Orig. Foto Beute Flugzeug Polikaprov I-15 mit Tarn am Flugplatz in Russland 1941 | eBay
  2. Orig. Foto russ. Beute Flugzeug Polikaprov I-15 am Flugplatz in Russland 1941 | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Interesting to know the origin of the photo.
I think pictures were taken by a member off a recce staffel. Look at my Ju88 bomber entry for this date. Most probaple is that this picture was taken on route to. Now all you have to do is find out what unit and where the went. Can be done. Did it before notice plane code.

:thumbright:

IMHO none of the planes seen in the both pics are the I-15. All of them are the I-153 except the foreground one ( I-16 ) in the bottom right corner and the very background one ( R-5 ) of the second image.

Last edited:

Yes, that's the UT-2 in the pic. But if you have a close up look at the kite you may notice .... the longer fuselage at the section from the wing leading edge to the engine. The front additional cokpit ( the UT-2 was the two-seater ) is moved to the wing leading edge line. The UT-1 was a single-seater and its cockpit with the windscreen was located as the second one of the UT-2. But the most characteristic detail is the wing. The UT-1 had one stright wing consitsed of two halves joined together .So its shape from the front view looked like "V". The UT-2 had the central part going horizontally and two outer halves of the wing. The halves were joined with the central part at the landing leg location and the slot there was protected with metal strip attached with woodscrews all around the wing. Later the UT-2 got wing of the different shape but still of the three parts.

UT-1
ut1_a.jpg

UT-2
UT-2_a.jpg

Yes, that's the UT-2 in the pic. But if you have a close up look at the kite you may notice .... the longer fuselage at the section from the wing leading edge to the engine. The front additional cokpit ( the UT-2 was the two-seater ) is moved to the wing leading edge line. The UT-1 was a single-seater and its cockpit with the windscreen was located as the second one of the UT-2. But the most characteristic detail is the wing. The UT-1 had one stright wing consitsed of two halves joined together .So its shape from the front view looked like "V". The UT-2 had the central part going horizontally and two outer halves of the wing. The halves were joined with the central part at the landing leg location and the slot there was protected with metal strip attached with woodscrews all around the wing. Later the UT-2 got wing of the different shape but still of the three parts.
The UT-1 was a very maneuverable aircraft performing all aerobatics like the I-16, but only very well trained pilots could fly it. It was frequently called an "aeroclub fighter". The UT-2 was a typical training airplane.

I agree. This plane was designed to improve fighter pilot's skills and learn aerobatics on monoplane aircraft.

Yakovlev Yak-7B Yak-1b Beute Captured balkenkreuz edit see below

View attachment 710009

Yakovlev Yak-7B Yak-1b Beute Captured balkenkreuz

1710502960972.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back