Eduard 1:48 Spitfire Mk.XVI (WEEKEND EDITION)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys. Stalled out briefly on the red fuselage band. No red paint in PG so I gotta bite the bullet and use what I have left. That's about 3mm in the old large Tamiya bottle and about the same in the smaller bottle. Out of the bottle, the red is darker than the newer RAF roundel red so it will have to be lightened with a bit of white. I need enough red paint to do the fuselage band, nose cone and the flaps/dive brakes on the GB Helldiver so I'm getting the Helldiver up to speed and ready for paint which should be a day or so

Yep, I've got that problem trying to get more Sovereign Hobbies ( formerly "WEM" ) enamel paints, as some colours are sold out and still out of stock.
Geo, be careful altering the red by adding white - it can very easily look pink, or at least insipid. Try a very small touch of yellow instead.

Thanks Terry and Here's how far I have to go and failure is not an option

1621353535806.png

Ah, that's getting towards RAF Dull Red. Although lighter, the tone is similar.
I normally mix a touch of Dark Earth with red if I need Dull Red.
Try mixing a small amount of yellow, with just a touch of a brown similar to Dark Earth into your existing red, and I think you might be close. It may take a few attempts, altering the ratios as needed, but could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back