Eduard 1:48 Spitfire Mk.XVI (WEEKEND EDITION)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Decals done on the left side. The decal guide doesn't show walk lines but this might make sense as I can't see any stencils on the photo. The red paint is a gosh darned close match to the decals

IMG_2773.JPG

One thing other builders haven't done is to add an IFF (?) under the right wing (2). There appears to be a whip antenna at the (1) spot. If so, is this offset to the right?

Untitled.jpg

I say appears as this is a photo of the aircraft in later life

Screenshot 2023-06-30 204825.jpg

My plane for the under wing antenna is to use the "not for use" fuselage antenna and some wire for the whip antenna

IMG_0001.jpg

My first impression when bringing your post up "OH WOW." Got to give it to you George, it is a stunner and as for the extras, go for it, there on the B&W photo. :D

With the Gamma correcton the IFF antenna and undersides can be seen better.

iff.jpg

and here the contemporary shots ...

Yep. radio whip antenna slightly offset to starboard.
The IFF antenna was a dipole type, often painted a "faded" yellow (later bright yellow), and mounted in a rectangular panel which you should find near the aileron hinge line.
The kit's "not for use" upper fuselage radio mast will be too large - use a length of stretched sprue or thin plastic rod, flattened slightly (in pliers or vise) to give the airfoil shape. If it's not possible to flatten, then the sprue / rod will look more than acceptable in this scale.
Pic below shows the IFF antenna on my 1/32nd scale Mk.VIII.

Spit MkVIII 32nd scale build 613.JPG

You've obviously done a nice slow and gently file back there George, I'm impressed. If it was me, the mast would have separated from the sprue and probably gone into cyber space. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back