Eduard color PE

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jrw1238

Airman
Jul 5, 2010
Leesburg, FL
I have a GWH P-61A that I am gathering aftermarket bits for and have been thinking about using the some of the Eduard color photo etch sets. Has anyone used these and how do they look installed. I haven't seen any of these sets in person and from what I have seen of the frets online I am not too impressed.

Since these sets are a little pricey I need some opinions from those who have used them.

Thanks,
John

Can't see why you're not impressed, having used them a few times I find they really bring the cockpit detail out nicely and when I find I can only get a PE set that needs me to colour it, I get upset.

John, they really are a great idea to improve a cockpit and surrounding areas...providing some great detail.....aned sometimes it is just as good to do it yourself, however you just can't get down to the small details some of the sets provide.

On the down side sometimes the primary colours don't match your paints....so you then need to decide....leave it, or carefully overpaint some areas to match.

I personally like the sets, but don't always use them for every model.

Wayne mentioned one of the main concerns that I had regarding color match. I like to use the PE instrument panels as to me they look better. In general for cockpit details I like a good resin cockpit. As I mentioned I have not seen one of the color sets except online and there are no hobby shops that I know of in a 25 mile radius of where I live that have plastic models. Most of the shops here deal in R/C.

Thanks everyone for the opinions that is what I was looking for.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back