Eduard P-400 Weekend Edition. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great Work Tom!!!! Just a quick newbie question: You mentioned using Future. I heard of it before but I was just wondering: What exactly is it, how do you apply it, and what does do (what role does it play in building the model). Im sure one of you model experts know the answer...probably all of you do. :) Thanks Jack

Johnson's 'Future' (Klear in some countries) is an acrylic floor polish, used mainly as a gloss clear coat varnish in modelling. It's applied to the paintwork to facilitate the decal process, which should be laid down on a gloss surface. There are a number of other uses, and there's a post somewhere here in the modelling section, entitled 'The Complete Future' IIRC, covering the whole story.

Here it is as of tonite. I still have to paint the canopy framework and finish the doors. Also, I have to add the machine gun barrels in the wings and the exhaust stubs. After that will be more detail work and more dirtying up.

It took quite a bit of lead weight in the nose to keep the model from sitting tail-end down.

tom

Attachments

• Progress 1.jpg
    Progress 1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Progress 2.jpg
    Progress 2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Progress 3.jpg
    Progress 3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Progress 4.jpg
    Progress 4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 112
Thanks Airframes!!! So thats why the hobby shop guy wanted me to get a gloss coat. Its for the decals. All makes sense now! Great Lookin Airacobra btw!

Thanks Airframes!!! So thats why the hobby shop guy wanted me to get a gloss coat. Its for the decals. All makes sense now! Great Lookin Airacobra btw!

Thanks. I'm not great at it, but I really enjoy building models.

That's right about the decals. If you put them on without some sort of gloss coat, especially on a flat or matte finish, the decals will not look good because of minute gaps beneath them. Future is popular because it doesn't have any effect on enamel paints. Done right, the decals will show no silvering and will look as though they are painted on.

tom

I see that Squadron will have this kit and the P39Q version for sale for 12.99 US next month (April).

Seems like a good price, thought somebody might want to know.

tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back