Elvis's sunsets and other pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind words Vic.
Sorry if you're feeling a little jealous of the weather we're enjoying out here right now.
Oddly enough, yesterday it was in the 90's and tomorrow its supposed to start raining....go figure....they always say "Summer" around here always starts on July 5th. ;)

Last edited:
Happy Canada Day!

20220701_211542_HDR.jpg

And hardly a ripple on the water. Are you brave enough to swim in it or is it a bit like our waters up in the Snowey, cold enough to freeze the b***s of a brass monkey. What about fishing! :D

Are you brave enough to swim in it or is it a bit like our waters up in the Snowey, cold enough to freeze the b***s of a brass monkey. What about fishing! :D
I swam in that canal when I was a kid.
Its ocean water, so its quite cold.
56 degrees F, I think.
Fishing is great.
Salmon, Flounder, Cod, Sea Bass, etc.
When the inland commercial fishing season opens, there's enough boats out there that, sometimes, it seems like you can almost walk across to the other side.

2019_1028.JPG

Last edited:
Looking outside just now (sun will set in about an hour or so).
Doesn't look promising.
Went back through my pics and noticed I have never gotten a sunset shot on the 4th, but almost every year, there's a few shots that happen between the 7th and the 9th, so if I don't get anything to you guys tonight, just hang on.
I should be back in a few days, or possibly next week.

Once again a couple of nice evening shots, particularly like the reflection of the sun on the under cloud on the second shot. :D

Not wanting to steel your thunder I took this shot from what was my hobby room window some years back. It was before we moved to our current location where sadly we do not have the western sky view anymore. Hope you don't mind me posting this.
Sunset 2.jpg

Once again a couple of nice evening shots, particularly like the reflection of the sun on the under cloud on the second shot. :D

Not wanting to steel your thunder I took this shot from what was my hobby room window some years back. It was before we moved to our current location where sadly we do not have the western sky view anymore. Hope you don't mind me posting this.
View attachment 676786
No, I don't mind.
That's a nice pic, Vic.
I suspect you would've gotten a nice red glow off the clouds, like I did last night, about 10 minutes after that picture was taken.
Thanks for sharing. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back