Emergency landing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

when he pitched they were all up so IMHO they weren't aware of the problem , now what was the controller doing with his binoculars , we always tried to get a visual of the gear down as a precaution from the tower.

I could bet dollars to donuts they knew about the problem from the get go. That appears to be an Su 22 UTI. A typical design feature on many Soviet and East Bloc military aircraft is a combination light in the cockpit as well as "Barber Poles" that pop up in front of the cockpit (for the NLG) and one on each wing (one for the mains and one for the flaps). I'd bet the Su 22 has the same feature. I would also guess that there is an annunciator warning that comes on if it flaps are lowered at a certain airspeed and the landing gear isn't down. No they knew what they were doing the whole time and the only reason for the flyby was to verify that the gear wasn't coming down. The only thing I find funny was the crew was real nonchalant about leaving the aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back