Englishmen please read!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I hate Cricket its a long, slow and tedious game that uses the standard you don't understand the finer points of the game ploy to try to make it into something exciting. Risks yes it can be dodgy a 90mph ball in the swede can hurt big time even with all that armour crap they wear.
Any game that fails to flow is a no no for me so that includes American Football, Base ball (what is it with all that filthy flobbing baccy everywhere) in fact anything that has time outs in it. Golf good god how boring to watch I like playing it, but 90% of the televised time consists of watching guys walking about, Never played Lacrosse know shit about it. For bat and ball probably Hurling comes out as what i would regard as pretty physical. Australian rules football I think is bloody hilarious and those bleeding great pom poms they wave about, and when a guy gets a boot in the gob or cloths lined it just cracks me up. Rugby does not hold the interest it used too for me and I once was a keen player. Motor sport was good but after last weekends total balls up by the FIA its gone right off the boil for me. Motor-cross was great when it was Scrambling then big business got hold of it and fucked it right up.
Speed way was good then they changed to foot forward from leg trailing and the tight racing ended, now its just who gets the best start that counts 9 out of 10 times. Motorcycle Ice racing is still good but not televised much and I always watch the Olympics and any power boat racing. so basically what I'm saying is I'm a miserable old fart that thinks sport has lost what sport should be about, Bah Humbug Ebenezer rules ;)

Attachments

• ice_racing_116.jpg
    ice_racing_116.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 462
hey, cricket's gotta be the most dangerous non-contact sport, you need some seriosuly big balls to play that at a pro level, and trakkie, we don't wear tons of "armour crap", we only wear what's nessisary to prevent an extremely horrific accident that could occour from getting hit buy a solid ball weighing several ounces traveling at 100mph+ many, many people end up in hospital from playing cricket........

I wish I could bag some tickets to the World Cup next year. I want to see Germany play again aswell as the US or England or Italy. Unfortunatly they are making it really stupid to get tickets.

the lancaster kicks ass said:
hey, cricket's gotta be the most dangerous non-contact sport, you need some seriosuly big balls to play that at a pro level, and trakkie, we don't wear tons of "armour crap", we only wear what's nessisary to prevent an extremely horrific accident that could occour from getting hit buy a solid ball weighing several ounces traveling at 100mph+ many, many people end up in hospital from playing cricket........

Yep, especially if the man bowling is either Brett Lee or Shoiab Ahktar! Can't get much faster than that!

It's no worse than having the baseball thrown into your face at very high speeds. I saw that happen to someone once...hospital case, blood everywhere.

plan_D said:
It's no worse than having the baseball thrown into your face at very high speeds. I saw that happen to someone once...hospital case, blood everywhere.

Yeah... I remember it happened at least two times since 1990 in the major league. The pitcher threw the ball and the bater hit it right back in the pitcher's face.

The first one I remember had the nose broken.

The second one had the cheek bone broken.

Some other accidents also happened. (Like a bater receiving a fast ball right on his hand or on his foot, a bater (accidently) hiting the catcher's helmet with is bat (actually, I think it happened only once) or even an arbiter receiving a fast ball right in his chest (the guy died, by the way).)

I say a guy take a baseball right in the nose as he was running around the bases. He lived but he needed reconstructive surgery so he could breath right and his face would look normal.

I have played cricket Lanc as a young fella (without the amour crap) apart from a box and we had some fair county players in Brentwood, Kieth Pont had quite a successful career later playing for Essex and I had him wang the odd ball at me so I do know what its like.

wouldn't you rather have the "armour" on though?? surely it's contradictory to wear a box and say you wear "armour crap"??
I was talking a bit tounge in cheek lanc but point taken

Wow, what a way to finish the Natwest series, The final turned out to be the best game of the series IMO. The Aussies started with a shocking innings of all out for 196 runs! I thought the Brits would easily win, but some brilliant bowling from the Aussies had the English at 5 for 33 at one stage!
Anyway the Brits fought on to a thrilling climax where they needed 3 runs off the last ball to win, however they only managed 2, therefore tieing the game and the series! What a game!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back