Erich Hartmann - how did his comrades regard him?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

was confused about Donnel for a moment but got it straightened out. in his first book ( The Yoxford Boys Pg 28 )Olmsted had Connaham colliding with the 110. he revised that in his last book ( To War with the Yoxford Boys pg 271) and has Donnel in the crash instead.

also have Donnel as :
1/Lt.Ralph H.Donnell,357th FG/ 363th FS,P-51B,43-6986,crashed 24th April 1944,10 miles N.of Augsburg,Germany
1/Lt.Donnell

Last edited:
Readie the only way is to post question(s) concerning a certain mission/event ................... and then wait patiently for a response.

as per the 24 April 44 mission my suggestion is to pick up a Deutschland Süd-Ost # 420 from Michelin Reise-Verlag (map) for starts. There are 6 different quadrants that cover all of Germany in 1/300 000 scale, 1cm = 3km if anyone is interested and for me for very serious research...... in the states the AAA travel agencies carry these or can be ordered if you are a member.

my central two maps with Hannover as the corner piece have too many pin holes for crash sites for the 26 November 44 mission over Misburg, the mission was a total wreck for the LW and not much better for the US either.

IIRC Don Caldwell's JG 26 website has the actual German map coordinates for Europe. Its a very large .pdf I believe.

RLV Jgergradnetzkarte

http://don-caldwell.we.bs/jg26/basemaps.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back