Etch?

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
54,720
40,014
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
In my castle....
Attaching etch to plastic-super glue, but.......is there another way to attach etch to etch besides soldering it together with a soldering pencil?
 
Yes Jan it is. But I would suggest using of CA in a gel. It allows to correct location of etch parts. A CA gel gets hardening a little bit longer than the Superglue for instance.
 
Lucky, I'm assuming you mean PHOTO-etched parts? depending on the fineness of the application mastic-type glues, epoxy-types, even a gel-type plastic glue (Non-solvent) will hold the part in place (the water-like solvents will do nothing). I used the gel-type super (CA) on the Ho229
 
Sometimes found I had to scuff up especially shiny PE parts to make the CA stick.

I second that.
 
Lucky, if you have trouble with the CA-types setting up (hardening) there are accelerators that will vastly speed up the process

Or you can try to weld them. :lol:
 
But only after eleventeen pints of Guinness, three 'Scottish White Wines', and a healthy dose of 'T-Stoff' ......... oh, and a kebab !!
 
Oh yes ... the kebab is very important.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back