Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Hey Bro, who/what is going to win the final?

• Italiano

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Rule Britannia

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There will be questions asked in years to come about why our social studies teacher chose those players to take the penalties.
It's not only England. Italy missed 2 as well. Pretty pathetic. I guess the pressure is higher than it used to be.
I would say that England has nothing to be ashamed about. They played well and reached the final for the first time in god knows how many years. Losing in the end with penalties does not mean that the other team was better. It's a lottery after all.

Interesting to think if England are a genuine A side or a B side that gets an easy draw.

But yesterday we were a kick away from winning and held the Italians so plenty of food for thought.

It's a very poor show if any England fan puts negative comments or disgraceful comments against certain players or the manager.

That's not acceptable.

I do think England was wrong trying to defend 1-0. A good defence is a good offence. Allowing Italy time and space is a bad idea.

But Semi final world cup and final Euro cup plus some good performance against Ukraine Germany And Denmark are certainly worthy foundations to build on.

In the end the Bette team won. The Italians played more football as England I think went too defensive after the goal. Just of continued to press and take advantage when you have the chance.

The abuse afterwards is unacceptable as was the behaviour beforehand and is one of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of football (particularly English).

I would say I am 100% against any abusive behavior to any player or the manager and out of order.

I mean I am disappointed for sure but it's no excuse.

And I certainly wouldn't use social media to vent.

I say fiddlesticks to it and move on. No point crying over spilt lager.

I was in Mexico in 1994 when the World cup finals were in USA. Mexico drew with Italy which took them to the last 16 knock out stages, 5 people died in Mexico city in the celebrations.

I still think it's strange that Scotland, England and Wales have their own team while they belong to the same country. I'm wondering why the Frisian didn't use that to have their own team.

I still think it's strange that Scotland, England and Wales have their own team while they belong to the same country. I'm wondering why the Frisian didn't use that to have their own team.
The reason goes back to the start of football, the Football Association started in England in 1863 and then Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland decided to form their own and have their own teams and leagues to play each other. Andorra and San Marino also have international teams. Scotland and England are separate countries in a political union just as Germany and Netherlands are. There was a British team for the London Olympics, but it was the English team with the other three associations formally not objecting. They dont want a British team because there would then be pressure to have the same at the Euros. Makes little sense when Wales got to the Semi finals in France losing to Portugal and they got out of the group stages in the one just finished losing to Belgium.

I still think it's strange that Scotland, England and Wales have their own team while they belong to the same country.

Because Scotland, England, and Wales are all separate countries. They are not regions of a country, they all a part of the United Kingdom, but are countries with their own customs, culture and language.

You dont have to be a country to have an international team, Jersey has one, but it isnt recognised by FIFA yet. Gibraltar Faroe Islands San Marino and Andorra are. It basically boils down to politics and marketability.

True, I know bugger all about football, to be frank. I wanted to make the point specifically that Scotland, England, and Wales are countries, as opposed to regions within a country.

True, I know bugger all about football, to be frank. I wanted to make the point specifically that Scotland, England, and Wales are countries, as opposed to regions within a country.
Scotland is a country, Wales is a principality which is why Charles is prince of Wales and Northern Ireland is a province. In Sport all compete separately in the Commonwealth games. In Cricket The English team is actually England and Wales. In Rugby the Irish team comes from the whole Island not the Republic. This goes back to when no one else played these sports and no one cared about ramifications. The first game of Rugby between England and Scotland was in Calcutta and the fixture is still called the Calcutta cup, but Calcutta has changed its name to Kolkata. Things have changed Luxembourg was never a country it was a Grand Duchy, now it is a sovereign state.

The first game of Rugby between England and Scotland was in Calcutta and the fixture is still called the Calcutta cup, but Calcutta has changed its name to Kolkata.

When I used to live in Scotland, I have a pal who was a member of the SRU and so we used to go watch Rugby matches at Murrayfield often, great atmosphere. Saw most of the Five Nations matches held there when I lived in Edinburgh (yes, I know it's the Six Nations now) and I saw heaps of internationals, including when the All Blacks gave Scotland a drubbing once - I felt Like I was the only Kiwi in the entire stadium... Watched the Baa Baas play, too, great match. I've even done a haka on the pitch at Murrayfield, me and another kiwi bloke I worked with snuck onto the pitch after a match!

When I used to live in Scotland, I have a pal who was a member of the SRU and so we used to go watch Rugby matches at Murrayfield often, great atmosphere. Saw most of the Five Nations matches held there when I lived in Edinburgh (yes, I know it's the Six Nations now) and I saw heaps of internationals, including when the All Blacks gave Scotland a drubbing once - I felt Like I was the only Kiwi in the entire stadium... Watched the Baa Baas play, too, great match. I've even done a haka on the pitch at Murrayfield, me and another kiwi bloke I worked with snuck onto the pitch after a match!
It was a better tournament as five nations and Ruby was a much better watch then.

It was a better tournament as five nations and Ruby was a much better watch then.

True. Because Murrayfield was so close to the centre of Edinburgh we used to walk into town after the matches and the atmosphere was always electric. When Scotland played Ireland, Wales or France, the crowd would sing songs and we'd head into pubs on the way back into town, but when England played, there was always that threat of a punch-up, especially if Scotland lost... Very tense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back