Explosions in Brussels

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

News is now that there was 1 explosion in the metro and 2 at zaventem. At least 11 dead at the Airport, the metro is unknown. The Belgians confirm these were suicide attacks. F*ckin terrorist retards.

We do this:
loesje.png

Translation: "don't let the fear frighten you"

And stand behind our Belgian brothers and sisters.

Again??
We need to unite and commit to eradicate the disease of terrorism once and for all!

My condolences to those who today saw their lives cut short in a cruel and cowardly way.

Last edited:
Sorry you guys are going through all that nonsense.

I had a feeling that when authorities closed in (and caught) Abdeslam for the Paris murders, his comrades would do something like this.

It always irritates me when they refer to these attacks as "retaliation". They commit a crime, get caught and their supporters want retaliation?

Anyway, stay safe, Marcel

Indeed, a terrible act and once again totally innocent people killed to no end.
For some reason Belgium has become the "hot bed" of Jihadism and has supplied over 500 recruits.
Belgium has just 11 million people, and Pew estimated that about 6 percent of the population was Muslim as of 2010. But Belgian and French nationals make up around a quarter of the Europeans who went to fight in Iraq in the mid-2000s. While the government has acknowledged that hundreds of Belgians have gone to fight with ISIS or for other groups in the Syrian civil war, Pieter Van Ostaeyen, an independent researcher, calculated in October that 516 Belgians had fought in Iraq or Syria, far higher than the government's figures. Based on his numbers, Belgium has contributed more fighters per capita to the fight in the Levant than any other European country.

belgium-jihadi-problem.png
belgium-jihadi-problem.png

My Lebanese friend writes : ... ..Behind every terrorist attack there is a Wahhabi ideology and support. The western world needs to wake up and act upon this reality. ..."

An answer maybe: One of the pithiest — and most insightful — answers I've seen came from Alain Grignard, a senior member of Belgium's federal counterterrorism task force, in an interview with the US military publication CTC Sentinel. Here's the quote:

Previously we were mostly dealing with 'radical Islamists' — individuals radicalized toward violence by an extremist interpretation of Islam — but now we're increasingly dealing with what are best described as 'Islamized radicals.'

The young Muslims from 'inner-city' areas of Belgium, France, and other European countries joining up with the Islamic State were radical before they were religious. Their revolt from society manifested itself through petty crime and delinquency. Many are essentially part of street gangs.

What the Islamic State brought in its wake was a new strain of Islam which legitimized their radical approach. These youngsters are getting quickly and completely sucked in. The next thing they know they're in Syria and in a real video game.

My prayers and condolences for the Belgian people. It's time to teach these a$$holes that we don't get scared, instead we get mad as hell. Then where ever they are, root them out and fatally wipe them out.

it is a sad day for peace, freedom, and life as we know it. my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends...and with those tasked with hunting down organizers of this plot. there may be as many as 20k ( or more ) citizens from the us, uk, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand currently in Syria or other parts of the ME fighting for IS. their publications which are top notch and very professional show step by step how to manufacture certain explosive materials and make IEDs...then they call for individuals to go on a personal jihads. this is the face of this century.....

John Donne wrote in 1624

"No man is an iland, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine; if a clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or of thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee...."

Condolences to the Belgian people. This is not just an affair of Belgium, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back