F-35 offical name to be almost decided

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well that depends on the alternatives, if it's between the BAE Lancaster or say the BAE Birmingham then i'd imagine the lanc's in with a chance :lol: but if the names anything like the way other names are going it's gonna be called the Prince Harry Fighter or something like that, imagine that, a Prince Harry landing on Queen Elizabeth II ;)

Shrike would sound pretty good i say. Also, perhaps you could call it "oh ****!", because that's what people will be saying when it comes their way...

Aggie08 said:
Shrike would sound pretty good i say. Also, perhaps you could call it "oh ****!", because that's what people will be saying when it comes their way...

That would make Pentagon press conferences more colourful.

"Yes, there were four F-35 oh ****!s involved in the incident yesterday." :D

CC said:
I think numbers are much better...

that's 'cos you're so damn Americanised :lol:

and Dinos i only ever use one or the other, i tend to use numbers for American aircraft 'cos names like the Flying Fortress are rubbish, why not leave it as the Fortress like us ;)

That would make Pentagon press conferences more colourful.

"Yes, there were four F-35 oh ****!s involved in the incident yesterday."

Hehe, spice up the news a bit

the lancaster kicks *** said:
that was a strong contender for the F-22's name, i doubt it'll be used for the F-35 but we'll see.........

I understand the new guy responsible for naming aircraft likes tradition.

davparlr said:
I doubt that Lockheed Martin would like its plane named after a competing companies aircraft.

No doubt you're right, but considering it's capabilities the name fits the F-35 better than it did the two McDonnell fighters.

The "Rhino" with it's large size and smokey engines wasn't the tactical surprise to opponents that the F-35 will be when it gets into action. With any luck it will be long gone before any enemy realizes it was ever there.

the lancaster kicks *** said:
i don't think Phantom would be the right name for the F-35, it just doesn't seem right.........
Besides when the X-35 was competing against the X-32, the Boeing competitor came out of the "Phantom Works," a ill-conceived and doomed concept to copy the Skunk Works. As one of my Lockheed friends said "Nice try Boeing, stick to airliners."

No, when you put it that way I can see how Lockeed Martin wouldn't want to pay tribute to their major competitor. Still it would be nice to have name that reflected the new abilities of the F-35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back