F-84G Tamiya vs Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
With my new job my life has become somewhat crazy. So instead of joining with the current GB 50's wars, I thought I would build along in kind but as I am on the road it will be a bit of a twist.

I want to compare the Tamiya and Revell ProModeler F-84G offerings in a side by side comparison.
F-84G-Rev-Tam.jpg

Revell designed their kit so as to.do a G or an E. With the Fuselage having a cut out that is filled in with either blow in doors (G) or without them (E) also the G only offers the reinforced canopy and the extended exhaust. The E kit had both the no reinforced canopy and the short exhaust. There is also the A/R door option on the left wing.

Also the Revell kit has a MK 12 Nuke and a perfect boarding ladder.

F-84G-Rev (4).jpg
F-84G-Rev (1).jpg
F-84G-Rev (2).jpg
F-84G-Rev (3).jpg
F-84G-Rev (4).jpg
F-84G-Rev (5).jpg
F-84G-Rev (6).jpg
F-84G-TAM (3).jpg

Done. But I would say there is another way for quick finding of own thread.. just add a bookmark to the net browser. So if you click it there you are moved to the thread each time without looking for that across the entire section.

You intending to build both Don? I recently built the Revell and was pleased with it. The framed canopy can also be used if you build the Revell as an E model as most of them were retrofitted with the framed canopy

Built the Pro-Modeler version when it first came out. There was a problem with the colors on the decal sheet and the company offered all who purchased the kit another sheet.

Yes I'm going to build both in a side by side comparison. I've done both the Revell E and G so I'm a little biased but I also know Tamiya is outstanding in their field.

So far the concept of modeling on the road has not gone very well. My A/C broke down in Louisiana Sunday night. Had to deliver my load to Walmart Monday morning and the drive 250 miles to pick up a 42000lb load in North Louisiana and run 980 miles north to Omaha NE with out A/C. Stoped in Mississippi and Missouri to get there. Dropped the load and picked another in Omaha to dive 927 miles to Salt Lake City Utah. Trunked the truck into the shop for a/C repair and the found I had a couple is small oil leaks so the truck is over at Freightliner getting repaired can't find any time so far, driving for 11 hrs and I am dead tired when I clime out of the seat. Sleep for ten and do it all over again. I'll get acclamated to it eventually but not yet I guess. Still trying but my stuff is on the truck, and I'm not.
20160901_165334.jpg

I'm sure you'll settle into the routine eventually Don. A friend used to do the UK to southern Europe runs a few years ago, and loved it.
A model of your truck might be a good way to get into building 'on the road', and it would be impressive in 1/24th or 1/25th scale, and probably not as open to damage as an aircraft model.

To my knowledge Terry, they don't make them. Most of the US truck models are over 30 years old.

To my knowledge Terry, they don't make them. Most of the US truck models are over 30 years old.

Actually you could use the Tamiya Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 1/14 Truck Kit TAM56340. In addition it's a R/C kit .

tamiya-56340-1.jpg

Tamiya_Freightliner_Cascadia_Evolution_1_14_Truck_b.jpg

Tamiya_Freightliner_Cascadia_Evolution_1_14_Trucka_a.jpg

Tamiya_Freightliner_Cascadia_Evolution_1_14_Truck_c.jpg

The option can be the Tamiya Freightliner Cascadia Body Plastics Kit TQ2

60000_5556.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

s-l1600d.jpg

s-l1600b.jpg

Or.... the TON #8102 Freightliner "Cascadia" 10 Whl.Cab w/53' Swift Trailor H.O.Scale

truck1.JPG

Last edited:
Well I'm setting outside Fort Smith Arkansas waiting to pickup a 43000 lbs load of wine, anybody want to join me, ;).

Getting some Revell F-84 G work done. It's a beautiful day and rolled down the windows to let the Flys in as I worked.

One thing I dislike about Monogram / Revell is their lack of numbering sequence on the parts tree. They give you a number and you have to go through the whole kit to find the part. Most other kit manufacturer have an Alpha Numeric system so you can find parts easer. One thing I love about them though is price point. This kit goes for around $20. Tamiya not so.
20160929_155936.jpg

The seat was first. It is pretty straight forward, save for the belts. I've not done them yet.
20160929_155952.jpg

20160929_160740.jpg

Next I worked on major sub assemblys
20160929_164643.jpg

Revell chose to make both the F-84F and G when they made the molds. Therefore there is a large hole in the fuselage. If a G the panel has the bow in doors, if an F, they don't.
20160929_164926.jpg

The G also featured flying boom receptacle technology in the wing. So the wings also have a panel open. G refueling doors, F no.

20160929_171943.jpg

20160929_173447.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back