F-86 Profile

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JP Vieira

Airman
Aug 5, 2007
community.imaginefx.com
Hello
I am currently working on a F-86 profile.
I plan to produce some Korean War Aces profiles and maybe some Sabre's profiles of other air forces.
I am finishing the basic profile and gathering data on the Korean war aces to choose 4 to 5 Aces to make the profiles.
It's still a work in progress .......

BaseF-86FXI.gif

Best regards to all

That does look good to me. Not meaning this to diminish my compliments on your work but I actually have read very little on the F-86; could you recommend a good "primer" on the plane's development and deployment. I could always look in the Osprey series but I often wonder if they are not more into the quantity of their product lines and less so on the quality of the content.

Thanks and keep the updates coming.

Hello
I am currently working on a F-86 profile.
I plan to produce some Korean War Aces profiles and maybe some Sabre's profiles of other air forces.
I am finishing the basic profile and gathering data on the Korean war aces to choose 4 to 5 Aces to make the profiles.
It's still a work in progress .......

BaseF-86FXI.gif

Best regards to all

JP - nice job - would offer suggestion. The nose in the area of the upper inlet is too 'beak like'.

While there is a second order curve it is not that drastic - see below for real photos emphasizing the inlet and top line from radar to canopy

336FS/4FG F-86's. Robby Risner was an ace w/336FS. In 335FS was Jabara and Whisner and Garrison and Hagerstrom. The latter three were also aces in WWII, Garrison was an ace in the 4th for both wars .

Attachments

• 336F86.jpg
    336F86.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 259
  • Sabrejet.jpg
    Sabrejet.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 260
I have to visit USA one day just to see the planes :)

Hello
It's been a while since I visited: too many projects at hand.
Anyway, just to thank everyone for your comments.
The F-86 is being worked and when it's finnished I will post it here.
Best regards to all

I have to agree with Drgondog, the nose is too 'beak like'. But very impressive! Can't wait to see the full profile, as well as other works of yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back