FAIREY SPEARFISH

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Another new one to me

spearfish-4.jpg

Fairey Spearfish - Wikipedia

That's a pity I didn't find that earlier, Geo. You could give it a try to that for the Prototype GB.

FAIREY SPEARFISH_1.JPG

FAIREY SPEARFISH_2.JPG

FAIREY SPEARFISH_3.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting is being kind. Typical Fairey product, reflecting an aversion for beauty IMO.
Always thought that Fairey had some lovely aircraft myself.

One has to put the design of some of the aircraft, at least in part, to the demands of the Admiralty, who with the Barracuda for example wanted an all purpose Recce, Torpedo Bomber, Dive Bomber. They insisted that the wing be mounted high so that there would be an unobstructed downward view for the observer.

This created complications from airflow across the tailplanes to deck handling which required modifications to the design.

Always thought that Fairey had some lovely aircraft myself.

One has to put the design of some of the aircraft, at least in part, to the demands of the Admiralty, who with the Barracuda for example wanted an all purpose Recce, Torpedo Bomber, Dive Bomber. They insisted that the wing be mounted high so that there would be an unobstructed downward view for the observer.

This created complications from airflow across the tailplanes to deck handling which required modifications to the design.
Fairey_Spearfish_3pv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back