Favorite fighter/interceptor?

Which Fighter/Interceptor is Your Favorite???

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ain't she just cool too look , i mean if you knew nothen about aircraft and walk about and found one of these you wold have to say she is a predator with only on job in life :twisted:

I agree but I say the same for the Fw-190 and the Bf-109G. You look at them and they have an elegence to them but at the same time you can tell they were built for one purpose with there menacing looks. The Fw-190 was not called the Butcher Bird for nothing.:D

whereas the spitfire's graceful lines give the illusion of heavenly beauty that could do no harm... of course while you're tossing yourself off in the cockpit at how beautiful she is she'll be shooting you down ;)

If I could still vote I would, and it would be conclusively for the P38! Long range, good top speed, strong gun armament, and enough bombs and rockets to keep the enemy guessing if its a fighter or a straight out bomber. The only other possible plane I would vote for is not their, and I'll give you a hint, I start just about every topic on planes telling how it was underrated, and should have been advanced more in design.

For ETO I prefer FW-190A-8 and LA-7 and YAK-3 (this because my grandfather flew on this plane when he was fighting along with Russians on the Eastern front). PTO F4U Corsair and KI-84 Hayate.

Went for the 152 just because I like it. The Dora also looks good but the 190's in general look pug ugly.

How about the Reggianne Re 2005/ YAK's/ IAR 80/81 etc? Poll looks a bit biased too Northern Europe and US. It was a World War!!!

Anyone notice that Ohka and Lanc are two peas-in-a-pod? Lanc and his unswerving focus upon all things British and Ohka and his love of everything of the Emperor. :)

I voted for the TA-152, even though the mustang had longer range.... It was a difficult choice with the Mustang, Corsair, Lightning, 190D-9 etc. etc. Wonder what would have happen if the TA-152 had shown up a year earlier?

THis was a tough choice given the line-up of excellent aircraft in the list, in fact they are all held in high regard by me, so I had to vote for a purely aesthetic choice, I like the looks of the Spitfire Mk IX the best, but if I was choosing which I'd rather be flying in combat, I'd have trouble choosing between an Fw 190A-8, P-47N or P-38J-25.

I voted Ta152 (big suprise) - even though designed as a Mustang killer, it had enough firepower to be a B-29 or B-17 0r Lancaster or Spitfire or (insert your preference here) killer.

Shiden great fighter/lousy engine quality but at it's peak performance I would still take a 190D-9 (or -12 or -13 ...God I hate Myself) over it.. in fact I would put a P-38L over the Shiden as a high altitude Interceptor duking it out with B-29s.. and a Shiden could whip a 38 or 51 or F4U or 190 or Ta 152 in the horizontal.

Regards,

I hate myself Willy

I picked the T-Bolt as my favorite with any Fw-190 as a close second runner up. I don'r know what's the best and don't think I'm the guy to judge that anyway, but being close to a P-47 as it cranked up and taxied off a few yards away was enough to hook me for life as a favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back