Favourite military / war themed songs?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I kinda know what you mean. My father died in 2004 and the hardest part was when two Air Force reps in dress blues folded the flag in front of me and handed it to me with words of a grateful nation. Then taps. Killed me. The flags, taps and uniformed soldiers kinda hit me differently now. Like a tearful resolve.

Yeah. I lived by DC (look up Herndon, Virginia; look up Dranesville Elementary) during 9/11, and I was in school when it happened. The entire school was evacuated by there parents when the pentagon got hit. I thought we were getting bombed, cause I was in, I think 4th-5th grade, and I knew about pearl harbor, and I knew what could happen. I was afraid they were going to stop dropping bombs over our houses, and I remember thinking "Why wouldn't they? We're right next to the white house. Are they going to kill the president while they're bombing us?" All my life I thought we would never be attacked, at least not in my lifetime. But we were, and I knew at that moment that we were going to war, and I knew it was going to be long. And was I wrong? nope.

My Aunt Karen and Uncle Lee work for the government, and seem to have a knack for escaping terrorist attacks; They left the Trade Towers on 9/10, and were going to go to the pentagon 9/12-9/13. Also, they missed the bus bombings in england by only 2-3 days.

I kinda know what you mean. My father died in 2004 and the hardest part was when two Air Force reps in dress blues folded the flag in front of me and handed it to me with words of a grateful nation. Then taps. Killed me. The flags, taps and uniformed soldiers kinda hit me differently now. Like a tearful resolve.

I was at a memorial service for all the soldiers in our Division that we lost in Iraq and I was fine until they played taps. Once that went I lost it.

I remember having to fly a fallen soldier to the main air hub so that he could be flown home and when they pulled the body bag out of my aircraft I saluted one last time...

It really hits me.

yup, even tearin up now just thinkin about it. Some of the simplest things in life make humungous impacts. Just never aware of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back