Favourite military / war themed songs?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok Lucky how about the music about Duke Wellington Called Hookey Boy from 1815 sung by British Troops about Wellington Kicking Boney's Arse prior to the Battle of Waterloo
Or the Soldiers of the Queen sung in 1899 during the Boer War. Or for that matter every bagpipe music and Jacobite song from Scotland. For example Johnny Cope sung after the battle or Preston Pans 1745

I like the ol' military songs I have to admit.... and I LOVE bagpipes! Hides behind the couch awaiting incoming tomatoes, eggs, sallad etc. etc....
:shock:

evangilder, I Do!

And how about the theme song from "When We Were Soldiers" as they load onto the Hueys. I downloaded it from the internet and I can't remember the name of the Irish or Scotsman (I'm gonna get killed for this) that sings it. Starts off "Lay me down....." Awesome!!

How abot the "Ballad of the Green Berets"?

Or Better still The Flower of Scotland. That always gets to my Celtic Blood in me. And having a Scottish mother didn't help Lucky. She instilled in me the love of the PIPES and DRUMS

The Knife - Genesis (Trespass, 1970)
Me262 - Blue Oyster Cult (Secret Treaties, 1974)
Universal Soldier - Donovan (Buffy St-Marie) ca 1965
(the Band Played) Waltzing Mathilda - The Pogues (Rum, Sodomy and the Lash, 1985)

and of course...

Lili Marleen (Leip-Schultze, 1915-1937) sung by Marlene Dietrich

Well gentlemen and Ladies going to step away from modern music. And seeing this site is devoted to aircraft from WW2. Going to cast my vote as such

1 Glenn Miller
2 Tommy Dorsey
3 Nat King Cole
4 Vera Lyne
5 Noel Coward
6 Andrew's Sisters

Ahhhh, now we're talkin'. Don't get me wrong, I love the metal stuff too. But I can listen to Big Band stuff all day long. Don't forget....

Jimmy Dorsey
Benny Goodman
Artie Shaw
Harry James
Guy Lombardo
Kay Kyser
Dick Haymes
And so on and so on......

1.) Dropkick Murphys "Green Fields of France"

2.)Battlefield Band "The Beaches of St. Valery"

3.) David Wilke/Cowboy Celtic "Custer Died A Runnin' "

4.)Steve Earl "Dixieland"

5.) Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms"

6.) Dropkick Murphys "Last Letter Home"

7.)Chelly Wright "The Bumper of my SUV"

8.)Pink Floyd "The Gunners Dream"

9.)John Michael Montgomery "Letters From Home"

10.)Ricky Scaggs "Seven Hillsides"

This isn't a war theme music. Something more personal. When my Father passed away and at his funeral was played Amazing Grace and Flowers of the Forest. Both music pieces done with the Pipes. Took me ages to be abled to listen to either piece months after my Father's funeral. Same occured when my Mother passed away August last year and. Scotland the Brave (PIPES and DRUMS) and The Old Rugged Cross were played again couldn't listen to either pieces of music for a few months after my Mother's funeral. Seems music can have effects on people depending the reason. Sorry to get of track here

1) "Victory At Sea" soundtrack

2) Will Ye No Come Back Again - "Gunga Din"

3) Gortoz A Ran - "Black Hawk Down"

4) Flying High - "We Were Soldiers"

5) "Patton" soundtrack

6)"Longest Day" title track

7)Panzerlied - "Battle of the Bulge"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back