Finally!!! Harvard MK III Finished

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at6

1st Sergeant
Jun 15, 2011
Fresno, California
I finally finished my Harvard MK III. It started out to be a "D" Model Texan but then I changed my mind. Originally, it was to be built as one that was flying around Europe but I couldn't find the numbering for it and I had no desire to add all of the antennae that actual plane has so I did it for me. The intended aircraft was since returned to it's South African Air Force markings anyway. I lost the kit pitot tube so a piece of guitar string was used.

Attachments

• 100_1877.JPG
    100_1877.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 173
  • 100_1878.JPG
    100_1878.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 178
  • 100_1879.JPG
    100_1879.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 164
  • 100_1880.JPG
    100_1880.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
  • 100_1881.JPG
    100_1881.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
  • 100_1882.JPG
    100_1882.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
I finally finished my Harvard MK III. It started out to be a "D" Model Texan but then I changed my mind. Originally, it was to be built as one that was flying around Europe but I couldn't find the numbering for it and I had no desire to add all of the antennae that actual plane has so I did it for me. The intended aircraft was since returned to it's South African Air Force markings anyway. I lost the kit pitot tube so a piece of guitar string was used.
That's just beautiful.

Thank you. The upper camoflage pattern was masked with Micromark Liquid Mask. The big problem as usual was with canopy framing. I stripped it with Simple Green a number of times before I was satisfied with the results. The nice thing about Simple Green is that it will strip paint and not damage the plastic. I've let clear parts soak for six to eight months in it and never had any problems.

hi do you have any photos of harvard 11b before it crashed please

hi do you have any photos of harvard 11b before it crashed please
I wasn't aware that it had crashed. The last online photos that I saw of it were when it had been repainted back to South African markings. I had to cobble markings together for mine. The LS619 is to represent my intials and when it was supposed to be finished. The 18 is how many months it took ti finish with all of the canopy painting problems. If you do a google search for Aircraft N696RE, you will find a myriad of photos showing the plane in both sets of markings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back