**** FINISHED: 1/32 Ta152H-1 Stab/JG301 - Favourite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Assolutamente fantastico!
(As all the nice words have been told already, I decided to say something in Italian ...)
Alberto

Fantastic effort and result Wayne, has inspired me to start my ZM 152. I went through the build thread, what paint brand did you use?
Any chance we see it @ Expo in Melbourne next year?

Fantastic effort and result Wayne, has inspired me to start my ZM 152. I went through the build thread, what paint brand did you use?
Any chance we see it @ Expo in Melbourne next year?

Hi JM, I use Tamiya paints and Gunze aqueous Gloss and Flat coats. It's possible I may get it to Melbourne next year....we will see...thanks for your comments! :D

Wayne, outstanding work! I'm working on a scale model of Green 9 also and I was wondering what colors you used for the upper surfaces? I'm assuming the camo scheme is RLM 82/83 over 76, but what color is the cowling? I must say it gives the right shading like the photos of W.Nr. 150167 in the hangar at Erfurd-Nord. My apologies if I missed it being explained elsewhere.

Cheers!

Bill

I know Wayne and I talked about this more than once, while looking at MANY pictures. MY take on it was probably RLM71 (on the assumption that there were orders in place to use up remaining stocks of old paint first), and if I remember right, Wayne came down on the side of RLM70 (as that colour was definitely in inventory at the time Junkers would have painted the power egg)... Having looked at -168 a number of times since, I tend to lean towards RLM70 myself now; however the shade of it will be different to the props, due to the different underlying materials and the type of 'paint' that RLM70 is (ie: a lacquer)...

Dan

Hi Dan!
Thanks for the info! I'll check some paint chips I have at home for RLM 70. Then I'll compare that to the photos of the Jumo 213 at Paul Allen's museum. I'd bet that that motor is from 150167, although I haven't seen any documentation that verifies that.
Thanks again!

Bill

Wayne, outstanding work! I'm working on a scale model of Green 9 also and I was wondering what colors you used for the upper surfaces? I'm assuming the camo scheme is RLM 82/83 over 76, but what color is the cowling? I must say it gives the right shading like the photos of W.Nr. 150167 in the hangar at Erfurd-Nord. My apologies if I missed it being explained elsewhere.
Cheers! Bill

Hi Bill, yes it was done in 82/83/76, the cowling was done in RLM70 black Green mottled over the 76 to alter the Black green appearance slightly from the prop blades.
Thanks for looking in on my bird.
and it IS the only 1/32 Ta152 with the correct style/font Werk Nummer as crafted for me by Dan/Zaggy.
He also provided the alloystencilling in the wheel wells too..! View attachment 485927 View attachment 485925
View attachment 485925

Attachments

• 94a_Black Green Cowl_0615.jpg
    94a_Black Green Cowl_0615.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 126_More Alloy Codes_0823.jpg
    126_More Alloy Codes_0823.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back