<-- **** FINISHED: 1:48 A-20G Havoc - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
User Name: T Bolt

Name: Glenn

Category: Advanced

Kit: AMT A-20G Havoc

Scale: 1/48th

Accessories: True Details wheel set and scratch built improvements on the nose

"Little Joe", an A-20G from the 389th Squadron, 312th Bomb Group, 5th Air Force.

Finished just in time! Hope you guys like it

01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG
04.JPG
5.JPG
06.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)
I think I've finally figured out how to do a decent weathered OD over neutral gray paint job with this one. Now the trick is remembering how I did it :lol:

Glenn, I have found it useful to keep a notebook when I try something new. If it turns out well, I know what to do. If it turns out bad, I know what NOT to do.

Very, very nice build. Please explain how you handled those insulators on the antennas.

Since I'm relatively new to WW2Aircraft, can someone explain to me what a "Group Build" is compared to a "regular build"? I'm sure the answer is somewhere on this site, but I'm being lazy this Saturday morning.

A 'Group Build' is where a number of forum members each produce up to four models, in a choice of the popular scales, each one representing the theme of the particular GB. Each GB lasts four months, with a one month overlap between GB's, and are judged to provide a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each of the Categories, for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
The full explanation and Rules, along with photo requirements, are shown in the general section of the GBs in the Modelling forums, as is a list of the forthcoming GB's, with dates.

Glenn, in addition to making notes, I often produce a colour swatch of paint mixes, using the mixed paint, and add notes to remind me what was used.
Here's the one I did recently, when matching 'mixed' Medium Sea Grey to the Model Master paint, using the Humbrol paints noted on the card.

Bob's Mosquito Build 266.jpg

Another great Idea! Years ago I started a little note book just to keep track of what color I used on different models I had going because sometimes I wouldn't work on a particular model for months and would forget what paint I used.

Builder 2010, those insulators are just a small drop of Testors canopy glue applied to the antenna wire (stretched sprue) with a tooth pick and painted after it dries. You can also use a PVA Glue such as Elmer's Glue All.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back