<--**** FINISHED: 1/48 Do 335 - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: Fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Revell

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG

As always, I would like to thank everyone who offered advice and info, commented or just popped in for a shufti. A nice kit over-all despite the insert fit and I may get another to do as a "captured" two seater

Very nice! I wonder if it felt different to fly that plane with something pushing the tail and pulling on the nose? Would it change how it handled/turned?

Bare metal one... Interesting!

I may get another to do as a "captured" two seater

Nice... Or go the whole hog and use the Do 335A-12 as the basis for the prototype Do 336A-6. You can use the second cockpit tub, set LOWER into the fuselage, and vac or heat/smash a streamlined canopy - and just stop there (with it French markings if you like, as they operated this a/c for a while, til they bent it!)...

Photo by Simon Schatz
Photo by Loic Desmo

...or continue and make a WIF Nightfighter... Add a FuG220, bomb bay fuel tank and cool nightfighter scheme. Go one step further and add the longer span, high altitude wing tips wings, NAXOS on the top of the fuselage.

Now I want to build one! ;) Must finish these Bf 109G-10's tho... And some decals!

BUT, back on topic, looks good! Hard to go wrong with late war Luftwaffe types ;)

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back