<-- **** DONE: 1/48 Do 335 - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got to do some more panel lines with smoke so I'll just mask those off and smoke em. Camo, such as it is is done with some touch-ups to do.Some of these are on panel lines showing aluminum underneath so I can just add more with a silver pencil and call it chipping. Need to work out a better way to remove the masking as I made the paint lift trying to pry the tape up. Pretty pleased over all with the painting.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

Thanks guys. Major paint is done, added whatever those are on the leading edge and dirtied up the outer wings a bit. Not sure what it is but the panel line shading isn't this stark in real life. Gotta figure how to tame it for final pics.

003.JPG

Right, I've got the roundels sorted out, any thoughts on the fin flash? In Post #3 the white stripe looks narrow but in Post #9 the white stripe looks the same width. I've got the height of the tail at roughly 60" which would make the flash 24" tall....yes?

Yep, the 'standard' fin flash was 24 x 24 inches, with the 'narrow' white, central stripe, red to the front on both sides.

A couple of quick questions, I'm using small C1 roundels on the wings.....just because it's all I have. The one on the left appears to have a smaller red dot than the one on the right or is it just an illusion (preference being different sizes). And what do we make of this small rectangular blotch...

Untitled3.jpg

....at first I thought it was a patch over the landing lights; roughly the same place as on the left but there are not lights there. Left over camo, RLM02.....?

IMHO it is not a left panel of the RLM02. It is more likely the leading edge there could have been repaired at the area and repainted. As it may be noticed the panel colour was applied over the dark paint along the panel lines. This might indicate the patch appeared much later.

do335a.jpg

On final now and that patch is bugging me. The grey scale tone is similar the the center of the roundel; red primer as used by the RAF? Some sort of local grey primer or paint...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back