<-- **** DONE: 1/72 Ju-88 - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am now glad for the extension took bloody 3.5hrs to tape the glass frick!!And Wayne thks for the tidbit years ago triangles was the only way to go on the nose ;)

Triangles - found on Toblerone bars (minus a couple these days), and also found off Bermuda - allegedly.

The glass I think only Tamiya tape from here on out for this work from what I hear it's superior.
DSC04024.JPG
DSC04025.JPG

Thks Guys theRLM65 was laid a couple nights ago and the white Saturday tomorrow the black before I head into work.

Well the black has been laid and RLM 71 applied going to let dry good over night before masking for RLM 70 tomorrow then on the outside of each wing tip you RLM 63 just past the invasion stripes.This going to be close on the time but maybe doable.Now in that book they show the bombs as a light grey,white?maybe practice bombs? Then it seems I saw a show on the 88 were they almost looked like US ordnance in an OD?What gives on the color?

If you mean German bombs, then the colours could depend on the type of bomb, and / or the period in question, with RLM 02 being used, as well as a light blue-grey, similar too, but as far as I know, not the same as RLM 76, and a very dark green, possibly RLM 70.
There was often a coloured stripe painted between each fin, denoting the explosive, or possibly type of bomb, with yellow, red or mid green being used.
Again, depending on the size (weight) of the bomb, each fin normally had a brace between the rear edge of the fin, and the end of the (tapered) casing.
However, if you're modelling the French aircraft, would it actually be armed with bombs, of any kind ?

Last of the Camo coming up later today.Terry that is a good point what was the plane actually used for?I went back and looked at the instructions once again no mention not to put the bomb racks but looking at the pics no dive flaps on this plane and the instructions said nothing about leaving them off.Was that a long sentence?So I think for now no bombs unless noted otherwise.
DSC04026.JPG
DSC04027.JPG
DSC04028.JPG

Had to go back to the beginning of the thread to understand what you were talking about when you mentioned "Invasion Stripes" but now I see. Looks really good Kevin. Being a French plane, I think you'd be looking at US or British ordnance perhaps?

Got the last of the camo done easiest part of the whole paint job.I used those small pin-point applicator that come in three sizes white yellow and green which I used the white the smallest of the three.So with a tiny q-tip like device just made random spots while rotating the head from one spot to the next(different size/shape).I think had this part of the paint done in like 20 minutes.I now will start the clear and the decals tonight using MM clear either semi or full gloss.
DSC04029.JPG
DSC04030.JPG
DSC04031.JPG

Without seeing the history of this particular aircraft, I'd guess it's just a captured example, used for evaluation, or just as a 'hack', with the 'invasion' stripes just being for I.D. purposes.
It's unlikely (but not impossible) that it would have been used operationally (by the French or Allies), and doubtful if Allied bombs could be fitted to the existing bomb pylon 'clutches'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back