<-- **** DONE: 1:48 A-20G Havoc - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Perhaps a pre-emptive clear coat next time Glenn. Too bad but I hope you can salvage it.
I thought of that when the first one went to hell but I don't have any liquid decal in stock and would have to order it, but time is starting to run out on me so I decided to go for it and..... oh well. not the first bad decision I've ever made or the last.

I actually think that the decal film was dissolving and that was what the gook in the water was becouse by the time i got to the second "Little Joe" decal it seemed that the only thing there was the print ink and the only reason it stuck was because lately I've been wetting the model surface with Future rather them water before the decals to guarantee that there is no silvering.

Anyway.....

First here's a picture I should have posted last week. The finished paint with the Dark Green on the edges. The canera seems to capture the tone of the OD better in this picture. I don't know why it turned out so yellow before.
P1302368.JPG

Next some shots or the the decals in place. Look pretty good after I pieced a few of them back together, except......
P2092371.JPG
P2092370.JPG
P2092369.JPG

The last one that totally went to hell. I think i can touch it up and make it look ok. All the decals still need to be cleaned up and sealed.
P2092372.JPG

I think I'm still better off than the other choices we were talking about for white lettering. I did the touch up last night and sealed everything. I'll post a picture later.

So now on to the next problem. When doing the main painting I taped the cowles on to get the lines between OD and NG to match. Looked ahead in the plans and saw that I had not put the tiny exaust stub covers on so now I need to scrape away just enought paint in just the right unmarked spots so the glue will stick without messing the paint up too bad.

Thanks guys. I'll have to pick up some liquid decal film the next time I get to a hobby shop just in case.
Been busy with other things lately so no progress to show. Hopefully more to show early next week. Looks like this one is going to come down to the last minute just like most of mine.

Progress over the last few days.
I Installed the exhaust vents on the cowls, a very tedious operation of cleaning then up, hollowing them out and installing them, but I neglected to tale pictures. You can just see them in the first picture if you look hard.

First shot shows the tempera paint on the panel lines
P2252373.JPG

The rest of the pictures show it after it was wiped off
P2252375.JPG
P2252376.JPG
P2252377.JPG
P2252378.JPG

I've Started in on the Landing gear legs, wheels ,engines and props and should have pictures tonight, If all goes well I should finish on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back