**** FINISHED: 1/48 Fiat G.55S Torpedo Fighter - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JKim

Senior Master Sergeant
Jul 1, 2014
Carlsbad, CA
Username: JKim
First name: John
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Flying Machines
Model Type: Fiat G.55 Silurante (Torpedo Fighter)
Aftermarket addons: Falcon Vacuform Canopy, Sky Model Decals

Mandatory Photos:
JTK_4871_zpsycwu0gxz.jpg

JTK_4874_zpsnm9aqh7g.jpg

JTK_4876_zpsrgeintq1.jpg

JTK_4881_zpswiyl0vll.jpg

JTK_4878_zpsydqvdoma.jpg

JTK_4880_zpsm721vt9z.jpg

Optional Photos:
JTK_4887_zpsrsayuggx.jpg

JTK_4891_zpsh0uiy1nc.jpg

JTK_4883_zps5zl0slj8.jpg

JTK_4910_zps5nzv5ofq.jpg

Thank you for all of the positive comments! Although it started off on a downer (broken canopy), it turned out ok in the end! On to the next GB!

Thanks for the comments! I must admit that I feel good about how the finish turned out. I learned a bit about shooting thinner mixtures at lower pressures and feel more comfortable when freehanding finer transitions with the airbrush. Hopefully I won't need to use cut paper masks as much.

Thank you thank you! It feels good to wrap this one up after being in a holding pattern for so long. The replacement canopy worked out well! I love how clear the vacuformed canopy is.

Just an FYI... I received a little package from MPM Productions a couple of days ago. It contained a replacement clear sprue for the broken G-55S canopy. Far too late to make use of but it came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back