**** FINISHED: GB- 35 1/144 F-4 Phantom - Vietnam French/American War 1950-1975 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
Username : Rogi

First name : Igor

Category : Intermediate

Scale : 1/144

Manufacturer / Model : Hobbycraft F-4E

Accessories: edited the seats adding milliput cushions and some hand painted seat belts seat belts, cut open canopy to pose open, custom pitot tube, detailed the landing gear out of polysytrene, all hand painted model

Thanks all for extending the end so far away, it was a huge journey and I wouldn't of thought it would have been possible to complete this aircraft without you guys and gals :) much much appreciated :) :) :) :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

7.5.jpg

8.jpg
9.jpg

Excellent job on a classic. If ever there was an aircraft that could be described as a beast, this is it!

Beautiful job done on a scale I would never attempt. I cant see half the pieces at 1:48 and handling those small bits would be impossible. Superb!

Jeff

Good job Igor.

Good effort in such a small scale - well done.

Nice.....time to get some judging done then.....

great job igor. I admire the skill at this scale....

Excellent job on a classic. If ever there was an aircraft that could be described as a beast, this is it!

Beautiful job done on a scale I would never attempt. I cant see half the pieces at 1:48 and handling those small bits would be impossible. Superb!

Jeff

Lovely work Igor!

Thank you all for the wonderful messages :) its means a lot to finish a kit but it means even more to have done so with friends guiding and advising along the way :)

Hate to edit this a little bit but today I had a catastrophe which turned out to be a good thing, the front section of the canopy fell off while I was walking with her to the display case, and while inspecting it (and double checking with the photo) I noticed that the paint bled off onto the front section of the canopy...so I thought here goes nothing, grabbed the scalpel and thought of reviving a little trick that dad showed me on thicker canopies. I tried it on the scrap canopy first and it worked well.

Its just a tip for other members to hopefully apply to their builds if one day needed.
1. Scrape off the portion of the canopy section where the paint has bled off, along with a little bit more of the clear section, this gives a uniform scrape.
2. re-apply any cockpit paint if needed (I didn't need any edited so I skipped this step
3. Dab a little gloss coat (in my case Future) and you're done.

The before,
1.4.jpg

With the section highlighted
1.5.jpg

The after:
1.jpg
2.jpg

All in all I'm very pleased with it. :)

and as I was doing that, the front pilots canopy section fell off too, so I fixed it to be more inline with the rear. Am very satisfied with how it all turned out :) Although Formula 560 failed me a bit, I learned that you can apply Tamiya Extra Light cement (the Green cap) and not cloud the canopy, again test on scrap canopy section before hand but it worked wonders and all the pieces are melted together now so they can't move :D :D :D
3.jpg

Thanks all :) for this one final update :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back