**** FINISHED: GB-35 1/72 Mig 17f VPAF - Vietnam French/American War 1950-1975

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
1/72 Mikogan MIG-17 F VPAF - Vietnam French/American War 1950-1975

User Name: destrozas
Name: sergio
categore: intermediate
Kit: AZmodel Az7330 mig 17f fresco-c over
Scale: 1/72
Accessories: none

Không quân Nhân dân Việt Nam, Vietnam People's Air Force, red2077, 923rd, Yen the trung doan, Noi-bai, pilot Lt. Vu Van thanh, 1966 flying an overall snake-green MiG-17F 'Fresco' -c latched on to the tail of Bien's pursuer and fired two well-aimed bursts of cannon fire into the F-105. Mortally hit, the Thunderchied (59-1755) crashed before its pilot, 1Lt Steven W.Diamond, could eject. The surviving USAF pilots continued to dogfight with the MiGs, but they failed to make any real impression on the agile VPAF fighters. The F-105 pilots were also having to contend with fierce anti-aircraft fire from the flak batteries around Noi Bai. Two minutes after Diamond had crashed to his death, a second Thunderchief was claimed by Nguyen Bien, while a third F-105 was reportedly hit by flak and exploded over Tuyen Quang. The USAF only officially acknowledge the loss of two F-105s on this sortie, the second having reportedly been downed by AAA. Both MiG-17s recovered safely at Gia Lam airfield in Hanoi.

IMG_9858.jpg

IMG_9859.jpg

IMG_9860.jpg

IMG_9861.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

optionals pics

IMG_9864.jpg

IMG_9865.jpg

Last edited:
thanks to all

Looking wonderful Sergio, great outcome my friend :)
Igor !!!!!, my friend that maybe life ?, how long without knowing about you I'm happy to read, I hope everyone well, thank you I mate for your kind words, you see fighting with the plastics as always.

well done Sergio. I hope you are still eligible for judging

michael for me that is indifferent, sincerely participate in the gb just to participate is not to compete to gain participation to make bulk that other members of the forum that go through the GB see that not only work the teachers of the forum here that mundane characters like me we also participate[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back