**** FINISHED: GB-36 1/48 FW190A-5 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: DML
Model Type: Focke Wulf FW190A-5 "Special"
Aftermarket addons: Kagero Decals, Tamiya Prop, Brassin Wheels

FW190A-5 "Minke Pinke" flown by Maj. Hans Philipp, Gruppenkommodore of JG 1 based at Jever in the summer of 1943.

Here are the finished six:

18022601.jpg
18022602.jpg
18022603.jpg
18022604.jpg
18022605.jpg
18022606.jpg

Andy,
I'm very impressed with the fading of the camo scheme - especially mid fuselage where the exhaust stain meets the camo. I feel it's a brilliant job on this kit.

BTW, I got the wings with the wires all together (again) on my stringbag. However, when attempting to attach them (for the second time), I found the distance between the upper and lower wings was greater than the attachment points on the fuselage (on both sides by at least 1/8") and upon attempting to force the connection totally ruined it all over again. I have a feeling that my build of the cockpit framing and its installation with the tight fit and clamps may have caused the fuselage to have "bulged" a bit so that the lower and upper center wing sections ended up a bit too far apart. Just a guess. I'm stubborn so I have another kit and plenty of spare parts to attempt it again someday.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back