**** FINISHED: GB-38 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2B Zero - Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

parsifal

Colonel
Apr 6, 2008
Orange NSW
Username: Parsifal (Michael)
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Airfix Mitsubishi A6M2b"Zero"
Aftermarket addons: None were planned at the beginning. During the build this was altered. The kit has been finished using some additional decals provided by Wayne Little as well as some aftermarket decals by Techmod that allowed me to finish this kit in carrier based colours of IJN JUNYO in early 1943, as the shattered air groups of the Combined Fleet were attempting to rebuild
This was a nice kit, and I would recommend it to anyone. It is good for both beginner and also more advanced. In reviews, it has drawn some criticism, about some detail innacuries and just lack of detail. On both counts I consider this to be over zealous .
I got 80% through this build and everything was travelling pretty well. Cockpit detail was good, and with some assistance from Wayne the base colour ended up just as I wanted it. I experimented with preshading, which went well. The decals went on well.
I messed up the canopy though I think there is a partial recovery. At the very end I messed up one of the wing decals, as I applied the hardcoat. I had to replace the hiramaru with an inferior kit supplied version. I was bitterly disappointed with that, and the first thing I will be doing after this build is re-order an additional Techmod decal sheet to fix the mess. For now it is what it is, and I have to leave this project for a while before I completely mess up the finish

Competition shots

Series 1  (Front).jpg

Series 1  (Port FQ).jpg

Series 1  (Port Beam).jpg

Series 1  (Port RQ).jpg

Series 1  (Rear).jpg

Series 1  (Stbd R-Qtr).jpg

Series 1  (Stbd Beam).jpg

Series 1  (Stbd FQ).jpg

Optional Extras

Series 1 -1 (extras).jpg

Series 2 -1 (extras).jpg