**** FINISHED: GB-40 1/48 Heinkel He-111 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SANCER

Senior Master Sergeant
Aug 21, 2014
México City
Username: SANCER
First name: Luis Carlos
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer / Model: Monogram / Heinkel He 111
Extras: None - OOB, with a lot of scratch build.

The interesting history of this aircraft, motivated me to make this version.

My interest in a striking scheme also influenced. I considered several alternatives mainly between He-111 captured and the options that history knows.

The AW177 captured by RAF has been my choice. A Heinkel who lived a reconstruction and several transformations in her outer image, having to be re-paint as a Luftwaffe Bomber, to film a promotional video and movie during the same years of the world conflict, and then re-paint her as a RAF aircraft again, with several more missions, until his tragic fall in an elusive maneuver.

It is my first participation in a GB and has been very enriching.

On the other hand, many of you knows the history of my construction process, so I leave you with these images and I hope you like them.

679.jpg
680.jpg
681.jpg
682.jpg
683.jpg
684.jpg
685.jpg
686.jpg
687.jpg

I would like to add some more images with some of the details.

688.jpg
689.jpg
690.jpg
691.jpg
692.jpg
693.jpg
694.jpg

The machine gun and exhaust are only superimposed with white glue. The propellers, open cockpit windows and greenhouse, and some external parts, are not yet placed, due to the weathering, washes and filters still pending to do.

I look forward to receiving these RAF roundels masks and decals by mail as soon as possible.
In the thread of the construction process,I´ll put some more pictures and what is going forward.

Thank you for all the support to get to this instance.

Un abrazo grande para todos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Thanks to You Wojtek, Terry and Geo.
It's a shame about the decals, but "al mal tiempo, buena cara" (to bad weather, good face) says a familiar saying!

I hope to finish this beautiful project in its entirety in a reasonably decent time. I already want to see this girl with all her attire and presuming her curves and jewels.

By the way Terry, I've already sent you a PM.

Let everyone have a prosperous week.
:wav: :thumbup:

I thank you and I appreciate it.

A lot of very interesting information was gathered from the He-111 in general, from the AW177 and above all, from several colleagues, good suggestions and innovations for modeling.

For many of us, the construction thread will be very helpful for future consultation. :idea: :study:

Gracias Grant Barr y Wayne :thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
All are flattering comments, thanks Glenn, Kevin, Steph and Bill. :grouphuuug:

I already have our AW177 in a plastic bag so it does not get the dust ... and until further notice.

Gracias amigos!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back